Mock Battle

We sat down on the Gallery as they began gearing up.

I see Tessia help Arthur equip his gear.

She does realize that they're on opposite teams right?

I'm positive she does, maybe their 'friendship' extends so far that she decided to help him even if he's a opponent currently.

You humans and your hormones.

I crack a smile at this.

Eh, you're not exactly wrong there Zeke. I'm sure you'll find someone one day.

Like hell I will...

I chuckle, making a few students near me look at me weirdly.

We shall see Zeke, we shall see...

What's that supposed to mean?

I don't reply, instead focus on the match.

I see Arthur going close to Tessias face.

Oho, he's become bold.

Go on, just a bit further...

Remove the hand damnit!

But before either could do anything, not that Tessia would judging from her red face, Professor Glory came and separated them.

Talk about blue balling someone, "You two! Enough fraternizing with the enemy! We'll be starting in two minutes!"

I wonder why he's not letting Sylvie help him? Its not that unnatural is it? I mean the red haired boy's bond is helping him. And even I helped you against the Director.

Your abilities aren't that uncommon, well some of them. Sylvie on the other hand doesn't have anything like that, and her ability requires her to transform as well. He can't let everyone know about her true form.

Fair enough I guess.

"Before we begin, here are the rules," Professor Glory began, "The match will have a timer of 30 minutes, after which we will have a short discussion and analysis of what plays out."

"Team DC will have a handicap," She continued, "Since Curtis and Claire have had more classical training than team SC with two first years. The handicap is..." She paused for dramatic effect, before saying something that made me smirk, "Arthur Leywin will play the role of King. Knock him out and the whole team loses."

Fitting.

What do you mean?

Nothing Zeke, nothing at all.

"The gear you're using is specially designed by artificers to measure the amount of damage dealt. If the amount of damage dealt passes the threshold encrypted, it will release a shrill noise. Anyone who chooses to ignore this warning and continues to fight or cast spells will be immediately banned from my class, and may be up for expulsion," She warns.

Good, now only if a certain brat could ignore this and get expelled.

"Let me be clear : " She speaks again, "The gear will not protect you, you should be advanced enough to protect yourself with mana, but you can be injured while wearing it. Don't forget it."

"Now, let the battle commence!"

Instantly they lunge towards each other, already having picked their opponent.

Curtis vs Tessia

Claire vs Clive

And

Arthur vs Lucas.