'Professor' Arthur

3rd Person POV :

Dust covers the two mages, making it difficult to discern who won.

That question though, was soon answered as something shot out of the cloud of dust, which soon dissipated to reveal a lone figure still standing.

Upon closer observation it's certain Arthur lost, unsurprising as he had just been released from the infirmary.

Arthurs entire right arm was burned pretty badly and to him it was completely numb below his elbow.

Fayden, however fared better, while his arm was covered in multiple lacerations, they were still shallow and hence not very lethal.

Taking a deep breath in he made his way to Arthur offering him his arm.

Arthur accepted the gesture and allowed Fayden to hoist him up.

Without a word he extended his left arm to Arthur, who looked at it confused since his right arm was injured pretty badly.

An instant later understanding flashed on his face before he clasped Fayden's arm with his own.

Fayden closed his arm for a few seconds, within which Arthurs entire arm burst into greenish black flames.

Arthur clenched his teeth at the sudden unexpected onslaught of searing pain, but he managed to get through it, though not without letting out a few groans.

While Arthur was concentrating on not screaming out in pain, Fayden used the same flames to heal his own injuries, hissing through gritted teeth as a result.

Needless to say Gideon was quite intrigued by this.

Cynthia however was not, only because she had seen Fayden use it on Arthur before.

The screams he let out back then, accompanied with the intense thrashing...let's just say she's relieved Arthur doesn't remember it.

Back then she decided to ask the student about his peculiar spell, but upon seeing the sheer guilt on the boys face, she couldn't find it in herself to ask.

On the other side the two had finished their healing.

"It was a bit overboard of you to use that spell Fayden." 

He scoffed, "Why do you think I healed you then? Of course I realize it was unnecessary, besides I did tone down the level of the spell."

"I could see that. You held back a lot during the entire spar."

"Obviously. You're still injured, and I'd rather not send you back to the infirmary."

"I'm grateful for that, now I think you owe our spectators some explanations."

He raises an eyebrow, "And why exactly do I owe them that? [Tartarean Vitality] is pretty self explanatory, it's a healing spell taking the form of flames."

"Which also inflict pain much worse than the original injury," He added sourly, still rubbing his arm.

"That's a minor detail."

"One which would've been nice to know before you used the spell on me."

"Now where's the fun in that?"

"You're a sadist aren't you?"

"And you're a masochist." He retorted back.

Bickering they leave the area, not noticing the dumbfounded look on Gideon's face.

________________________________________________________________________________

Fayden Leywin POV :