Confrontations

"I see, so we have no other choice than to become your disciples. But neither of us can rest easy without making sure that our family is safe and letting them know that we are too. You mentioned something about that didn't you?" I say to him.

"Hahaha, just call me grandpa from now on, both of you. After all you are my first disciples, and who know maybe one of you may become my grandson-in-law." He shot us a wink.

I dunno about that gramps, Tessia's not exactly my type.

He chuckles before continuing," We'll go see an old friend of mine tommorow that will let you communicate with your parents. I need your total focus now. I have no idea how long it will take for you to master the basics of your beast's will. I have never seen such young mages, beast tamers at that, neither have I seen such dark and ominous will. You two are going to change the world drastically, I know it."

I couldn't help but blush in embarrassment.

"Go to sleep now. Its going to be a long day tomorrow, you'll need all the rest you can get."

Arthur got up and bowed to him, "Goodnight.....Grandpa"

"Night, Gramps" I say before following Arthur, not before catching an amused smile on his face.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I woke up to the voices of Tessia and Arthur talking with each other.

Leaving them to themselves I got ready.

I got out of my room and went to Arthur's and knocked. A few moments later he opened the door.

Upon seeing me he was going to ask something but I cut him off. "I think we need to talk about what happened to both of us before we reunited. We will need to make up something on that and also make a believable reason as to why we're staying. I don't think either of us want Mom and Dad to know what exactly happened and that we are beast tamers now."

He agreed with a nod and let me in.

"So lets begin with you, how did you survive?" I continued.

"I was saved by Sylvia, a dragon. She guided me to her cave and provided me shelter and food for almost 4 months. She opened a rift to the forests of Elshire at the cost of her own life... before she died she gave me her will and this stone" he explained with a sad face and brought out a rainbow colored stone.

"Wait, I don't understand why she would die by opening a rift" I ask confused. If Sylvia was strong enough to trap Noctis, making a rift shouldn't harm her.

"She... had a bad wound and making the rift escalated her death" he sniffles.

Seems like he was quite attached to her.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked about it so soon." I apologize to him genuinely sorry.

"Its okay, you couldn't have known. So after that I came across those slave traders and saved Tess. What about you, how did you survive? Grandpa said something about a Shadow Wolf" He waved off my apology

"Yes, Noctis saved me while I was still unconscious and carried me to his place, he was a prisoner there due to the barrier Sylvia made. When he saw her take you he deduced she would make a rift to send you back which would weaken the barrier enough for him to escape with me. So in the end he kinda hijacked your rift to escape to the forest. He also implied that something bad is going to happen before entrusting me with his beast will and shot a mass of shadow at me, which has been eating up a small amount my mana for a while now" I explained to him how I survived.

"What? Have you tried removing it, whatever it is?"

"No, I trust him, and I'm sure whatever he did was to help me some way" I respond, calming him somewhat.

"Come on, I think we've kept Gramps waiting long enough." I turned back to leave.

Making my way down the stairs I notice Gramps and Tessia in a small carriage.

"Father its not appropriate for humans to stay in this kingdom!"

"Alduin is right Elder Virion. I will always grateful to them for saving Tessia but having them stay here goes against all traditions."

The King and the Queen were arguing with Grandpa Virion who was leaning back.

"Screw the tradition, I have taken a liking to that brat same as Tessia, haven't you?"

"I-It's not like that grandpa. He's just..." she trailed off her face glowing crimson.

"Haha. As for the brats brother, he possesses immense darkness in him, something that would've made me go insane had I not used my beast will. He could very well be his successor. From what I've seen he seems to be a good kid, I don't want him to be consumed by the dark. Anyways they're going to be under my wing so make it known they're not to be trifled with."

Is it really that dangerous?

"F-father-"

"ENOUGH! This is not up for discussion. Ah you're here, come we should hurry up" His expression turned from stern to a smile.

I hmm'd in acceptance and entered the carriage, all the while ignoring the frowns on the faces of the King and Queen.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Halfway through the journey Arthur spoke,"Hey gramps where are we heading anyways? You said we will be meeting a friend of yours who can help us communicate with our parents?"

"Hah! Gramps eh? Aren't you awfully comfortable with me now. Good. As for our destination, its a surprise. He responds with a wink.

Tessia had fallen asleep on my brothers shoulder by now.

"Take good care of her Art, she grew up in a very lonely environment" he said with a surprising amount of compassion.

I decided to tune out their conversation seeing as it was mainly concerning Arthur and Tessia.

"...has shown more emotions, more smiles and laughs around you than she has shown the rest of her life growing up. She now finally seems more like a child, and for that I thank you." They finished their conversation as the carriage came to a stop.

We're here.

"We're here Tess" Arthur nudged Tessia awake.

We disembarked the carriage to see a dainty hut.

Grandpa Virion suddenly went ahead and kicked the door,"We're here you old witch, come out"

The door snapped open to show an elderly woman with gray hair seemingly struck by lightning and wrinkled eyes, which were weirdly enough a combination of multiple colors, wearing a single brown robe inspecting us.

"Took you long enough" she scowled.

"Hahaha! Arthur! Fayden! Let me introduce you to Rinia  Darcassan, a very  special deviant amongst  us  elves," gramps announced.

"A pleasure to meet you" Arthur said with a bow. I just nodded behind him.

"Come in, we haven't got all day" she said before letting us in.