Deities?

"No." I reply, a hint of anger lacing my word.

I never did.

I was apathetic to there being a god before.

But after experiencing the cruel hand fate had dealt me with, I rejected his existence.

God's are supposed to look over their subjects.

And even if God showed himself to me, I would consider him nothing but the devil.

He took everything away from me.

Why should I accept the existence of someone who destroyed an innocent child?

Arthur replied a bit later, "I don't know, do deities exist?"

Gramps keeps staring at me, before he spoke, "Brat do you remember when I told you about a wolf god we elves worshipped?"

"Yes, you said you referred to him as a god because your people used to worship him for a while." I answer, my face settled to an emotionless one.

Where is he going with this.

"I lied."

"What?"

"I lied about me not knowing if he was actually a god."

"So you do know?"

"Yes, I do. And the answer is, yes he was a god."

"So gods exist huh?"

"Yes, they do. And he was not the only god."

"Hmm?"

He pointed towards a sleeping Sylvie.

"You think Sylvie is a deity?!" Arthur choked.

Ignoring him Virion pointed at me shadow.

"Zeke? A deity?" I asked more calmly than Arthur.

Hey! I take offence to that!

"Deities are not what religious books say about God. They are beings capable of ascending past their mortal body and completely harmonize with mana. Dragons are beings with an inherent potential to become deities. We used to worship a being similar to Zeke, do you think we would have worshipped just about anyone? These deities can't be shackled by the limitations of a S-Class, or SS-Class mana beast. They would be on a level beyond White core." He scoffed at his own two hands as he said that.

There it is again, the stage beyond White core.

"Here we are, Elves, Humans and Dwarves, just barely able to scratch at the power of a white core. And out there entities exist, each being beyond the White core."

He shifts his gaze to Arthur this time, "You know about the war between the three races, along with the war between the humans and elves. Compared to what this continent was during ancient times, they seem like minor skirmishes. We were nomadic back then, never once staying in a place for longer than necessary. The Humans, Elves and Dwarves travelled separately due to our differences in appearance and culture. But whenever they met, they were on decent terms, we had to. We traded resources and raw materials. This was the beast era, where mana beasts ruled the land. This was the era in which we worshipped the Wolf God."

"That's weird. Weren't they able to fend off the weaker ones?" I ask.

"No, they couldn't. Have either of you noticed the painting in the main hall of the Royal Palace back in Elenoir?" He asked abruptly.

"You mean the enormous painting in the living room? I did notice it, but couldn't really make much sense of it." Arthur replied.

"It shows someone bestowing the elves with two orbs of light. That's all I could understand." I comment.