The Ball part 1

The announcement made me realize just how strong I needed to get to stand even a sliver of chance against the Wykes house.

If Bairon Wykes is a Lance he must be at least light silver core, maybe even white.

Sigh

But I have more crucial matters to attend.

My sister, Eleanors Birthday was tommorow.

I didn't have much time to prepare her gift.

I materialized the rings I brought, which I had kept stored in my shadow storage.

Opening the cases I froze.

Something seemed wrong.

Physically it was the same.

It had no mana before.

So why do I sense mana from it now.

And is that...nacht?!

Did keeping it in the shadow storage alter it?

Ah well, its not like it would be harmful to her.

I had tried it on Arthur and the constructs of Nacht which so easily dissolved the elderwood guardian didn't affect him at all.

Turns out its only harmful to people I deem as my enemies. Neat.

Anyways, I should probably finish it.

Activating my first phase I infuse nacht in it, willing it to perform the task I had in mind.

After a few hours of concentrating and pouring nacht in it, I was finally done.

How does such a small thing contain so much Nacht?

Both the rings had the same function, make their wearer hard to notice, allow them to conjure one item made of shadows, and protecting and healing them at all costs if something happens.

(Although not as strong as the phoenix wyrm necklaces, these will shield and protect the wearer but only be capable of healing certain wounds, so unless the wearer is decapitated or cut in half this will heal them.)

Exhausted I crumple down.

That took a lot out of me.

Good thing I have enough time to rest up.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Getting ready for Ellie's birthday party I head down.

On the way I meet Arthur, although Sylvie was nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Sylvie?" I ask.

"Vincent warned me that there might be some guests attending the party as a pretense to watch me, so I left Sylvie in her room." He answered.

"You do realize that you'll need to offer her a huge amount of food to make it up don't you," I say.

He sighed in response, "I figured as much,"

Chuckling I continued on my way.

The two of us stood at the gate, burdened by the duty of welcoming all of Ellie's friends by our dear mother.

Keeping a gentlemanly smile on our faces we greeted the various guests.

Behind us Elijah was trying to flirt with the female guests, playing with a glass of wine on one hand.

Which unsurprisingly tilted a bit too much, splashing the red liquid all over his dress.

Stifling a laugh we quickly turn away.