Veiled Flames

Stabbing the last Alacryan through the chest, Fayden made himself comfortable on the mountain of corpses, dispelling the sphere that had been protecting Andrew.

Within moments they came running out, halting at the cave opening.

"Sup."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

Fayden shrugged, "I don't need help fighting a few soldiers. Besides you were meditating, I didn't want to disturb you."

Andrew looked up at him strangely, "You know, you say you're an asshole, but you have been anything but that."

"Enjoy it while it lasts." Fayden rolled his eyes, jumping down from his high ground. "Let's move before they find us again."

"Where will we move to, they are everywhere. Nowhere in Dicathen is safe anymore, it's overrun by them."

"There must be safehouses, we lost the war but the people still live. We just need to find them."

"..." Andrew remained silent, pondering if he should take him to the shelter. Was he trustworthy enough?

'He hasn't done anything to alarm us, he's only helped since he arrived. I think you should give him a chance.'

'And what if he's tricking us? What if he goes on a rampage once we are there. You've seen how he fights, no one there could stop him. Even Arthur would be hard pressed to hold him off.'

'That is an irrational argument, why would he kill people he knew in his world? People he cared about?'

'...It is still unwise to bring a stranger to our last safe haven.'

'What other choice do we have? Arthurs nowhere to be found, most of the lances are missing and the Asuras are no longer in contact with us.'

Fayden watched the two silently, while he could not hear them, or rather did not try to hear them, he could make out some details from Andrews facial expressions. They were having an argument, one which Andrew was losing. He would glance in his direction once or twice during the ordeal, making him think they were arguing about him.

He shrugged and turned away, it was not his concern.

"Fayden," after a while, Andrew called out, "I know a place."

Fayden raised an eyebrow, "How far?"

"Not too far."

"By all means," he beckoned him forward.

Andrew took a deep breath in, and walked forward.

________________________

Fayden Leywin POV :

Meeting this world's version of mother was not what I expected when Andrew mentioned a shelter.

"Who is he? Where is Arthur?" Was Alice's first question.

Andrew glanced my way, asking for permission.

I narrowed my eyes, gaining a red tint to them.

Just don't mention me being a Leywin.

Andrew's eyes bulged out in surprise when he heard me speak in his head, but he recovered himself quickly.

"Arthur is...missing. He fell into an unstable portal." His gaze swept across the room. "This is Fayden...?"

"Marchosias."

He nodded, "Fayden Marchosias, an Asura from a different universe. He is here to help."