Welcome to Losvillion

Fayden Leywin POV :

As the three of us make our way deep into the forest, I didn't once turn back, not even when I heard Reynolds' voice.

I don't want to talk to anyone at the moment.

Noctis noticed that and kept silent even though he most likely had multiple questions.

Zeke meanwhile was quietly walking by my side.

After reaching deep enough into the forest, Noctis suddenly halted.

He pulled up a dagger, a pitch-black blade with electric blue runes on it.

And stabbed it in the air.

And strangely enough, cracks began spreading from the dagger.

With a single yank, he pulled the dagger down, leaving an arc of blackness in its wake.

Looking into the arc, all I could see was an infinite expanse of shadows, with the occasional blue lightning in it.

Having served its purpose, the dagger crumbled into ashes.

He moved to the side of the rift and indicated I enter it.

Trusting him, I took a step forward into the dark abyss.

It was a strange feeling when I entered the rift.

I felt no gravity working to pull me down, nor did I feel any form of air resistance.

It took us only a few seconds to cross it.

Stepping out of the rift, the first thing I notice is the protective barrier around us and the dark blue tinted landscape.

"Huh?" I breathed out.

"It is necessary, there are beings here, miles stronger than you two. Some might even be stronger than the lesser asuras." Noctis spoke for the first time since we departed.

"What?! How?! I thought asuras are the strongest beings there are." I sputter out, caught off guard by what he said.

He shook his head, "They are, but only the stronger ones. There are quite a few pushovers among them. Anyways, we should get to Losvillion before the stronger ones sense us."

I shook my head and just accepted the fact.

"So, why couldn't you just have the rift open in Losvillion?" I asked.

"Because of our defensive measures we cannot open a rift into the city, our shields prevent that." He replied.

"I see."

Taking a few steps away from us he begins to change forms, as the area around him turns dark.

An instant later, he emerges in his canine form, a lot larger than before.

"Get on." He said.

As I climb up, I notice Zeke changing into his humanoid form from the corner of my eyes. And Noctis' gaze lingers on him for a bit.

After getting on him, and settling into a rather comfortable position Noctis spoke, "Brace yourselves."

And a pair of wings emerge from his sides, with a wingspan of twice his size.

But rather than being made of flesh, bones, and feathers, it was made purely out of Nacht.

Guess it can construct more than weapons.

Then, we took off to the skies

_______________________

Half an hour of flying over the clouds later, I notice a mass of floating land in the horizon.