The Fallen Gods

She doesn't answer me right away, rather choosing to tilt her head, indicating me to grab on to her.

I move forward and place an arm over her.

Right then I had the weirdest feeling.

Its the opposite of what I feel when I use [Void Step].

When I use [Void Step] my vision darkens, the temperature around me drops and I feel like I am descending.

But now, it's the exact opposite, light fills my vision and I ascend, as I feel warmth.

A few seconds later the effect disappears.

And we're now floating above the city.

Or rather standing on an invisible platform

"Oookay?"

"We can talk here without fear of being interrupted."

"What about mana beasts capable of flight?"

"They can't affect us, we are in a different plane altogether."

"We are?"

"Yes, in fact you have been travelling through dimensions for a while."

"What? When did I do that?"

She sighs, "I suppose it would be better to explain from the start."

I avert my eyes as she begins glowing like a second sun.

After the light fades, the wolf in front if me is replaced by a middle aged woman with long silver hair entending to her back and regal blue eyes.

"I...You know what? I'm not even surprised anymore."

She chuckled at my reaction, before turning serious,"Noctis has agreed to train you, but not your brother."

"What?! Why?!" I spat out incredulously.

"Calm down child. He has a reason for doing so." She tries to reassure me.

"What reason?"

"Your brother has been chosen by the Asuras of Epheotus. They will handle his training." She explains.

"Asuras? Epheotus? I don't understand."I say, confused out of my mind.

"Asura is the true term for deities. Because calling them deities would be incorrect. They are not gods, in fact they are very much mortal." She said confidently.

"And this Epheotus is their homeland? There are three continents on this world?" I asked.

"No, Dicathen and Alacrya are the only continents on the surface of this planet, Epheotus hovers in its atmosphere." She answered.

"So it's like Xyrus but on a much higher scale?"

"A crude analogy, but yes. You must have hundreds of questions, but we do not have much time now. I will explain as much as I can, but the rest will be revealed to you when you come to train with us."

I nod in acceptance, "You keep refering to the Asuras as 'them' as if you aren't an Asura yourself."

She looked sad for a moment, "We once stood at the top of the Asura hierarchy, as a member of 8 main clans. The leader of the Asuras were the Indrarth, you would better know them as dragons."

"Yes, Noctis did mention an Indrarth the first time we met."

"The Indrarth were the strongest of the Asuras, but we were the smartest. We are called the Marchosias." She said with a hint of pride on her face