Weapons and a bond

"Wait a second, Gods exist!?" I ask incredulously.

"I cannot answer that because I don't know that myself. I refer to him as a God because for a time we worshipped him. He fits the exact description of Noctis only that he had blue eyes not red. There are myths about him but we stopped worshipping him a long time ago when he dissappeared without a trace." He answers looking a bit panicked, as if he said something he shouldn't have.

"But I doubt you will be interested enough in those myths when you can go home sooner than expected." He continued.

Wait, really?

Arthur voiced out my thoughts, "Really Gramps? We can return home soon."

"Haha! Yes, the teleportation gate that was supposed to open in 2 years will be opened early due to the tournament taking place in the city of Xyrus in 4 months. This tournament will be a very important event for the future because  both the dwarves and elves are sending  youths as representatives for both the tournament and as preliminary students to your human academy. During all this we can sneak you two back into Sapin without anyone noticing." Gramps said with a smile on his face.

Aw hell yeah! We're finally going home and see our parents again.

"You're going to be leaving so soon, Art, Fay?" Tessia finally spoke up with a crestfallen expression.

"Relax princess, we will probably meet each other soon." I tried to reassure her.

"Yeah, we have to meet our family again. Maybe you can visit us in Sapin." He tried to cheer her up as well.

"We still have four months left you two. I expect you brats to train harder than ever. Your mana cores haven't developed at all in these past years, thanks to your assimilation. Remember your beast will is a trump card only to be used in emergencies." He warned us.

"Now go and take a bath. You stink, both of you. Lets leave them alone to recuperate little one." He continued on.

Tessia looked a bit depressed about the news of our soon departure. Living with her for 3 years created a bond akin to those of siblings. On top of that she reminded me a lot of my sister before......

Anyways Arthur seemed to notice it too as he gave her a hug and said, "Tess! Cheer up, kay? I'll still be there for four more months. Even then I wont be gone permanently. I hope you can someday meet our parents."

"Arthur's right Tess, there's nothing stopping you from coming and visiting us in Xyrus. Who knows maybe we will even go to the same school?" I say while patting her head.

Our actions seemed to fluster her since she pushed us and ran away. I could see the steam coming out of her ears.

"Haha! Youth. Sleep well brats." Gramps chuckled and went away.

We followed soon after going to our respective room.

But as soon as I got in and closed the door immense pain from my mana core assaulted me yet again.

What the hell? Wasn't my assimilation over? Why is it still paining?

As if to answer my question a black mass shot out from my chest and the pain died down immediately.

Was that the reason for the pain?
Wait a minute. I checked my mana core and sure enough the mass that had been eating my mana for over 3 years was gone.

I looked towards where it shot off only to find a wolf cub with black fur with tufts of red and white, and silver eyes.