A new ability.

Once the pain subsided I looked down on my arm.

"What the hell!"

The burns gone, with no signs of it ever being there.

I can understand if it healed a bit but completely? And with no indication to prove its existence?

What was that greenish black fire?

Are you okay now?

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine actually.

I say, showing him my arm.

Holy shit!

...you know what? I'm not even gonna reprimand you on that anymore.

He laughs sheepishly, if that's even possible for a wolf.

Apparently that fire heals me completely, at the cost of inflicting pain much greater than the actual wound did.

A pretty good tradeoff.

Every good move needs a name.

What about this?

It heals but at a cost...hmmmm......

Suddenly a memory surfaces which gives me the answer I seeked.

[Tartarean Vitality]

The name came from the depiction of hell in a certain mythology in my old world.

Fitting.

If you're done naming things, we're gonna be late if you wait any longer.

Huh?

I look at the time.

Shit!

I hastily wrap the bandages on my arm and rush outside.

In my hurry I never once noticed that the door was slightly ajar,

_______________________________________________________________________________

The field-I mean classroom was on the other side of the academy.

As I run in there I notice most of the students already there.

I also notice Tessia passing by Arthur without saying a word, and Arthur looking at Claire, who had put an arm around his shoulder.

Ah so that's why! She's jealous.

But I see someone else, someone who made my blood boil.

After all who wouldn't be angry on seeing the person who almost killed their brother?

I keep glaring at him without him noticing it, nor did he notice Arthur.

"Good! Everyone's here!" A voice announces itself.

Turning towards the source I notice a woman with a giant sword strapped to her back, riding on a hawk like mana beast.

Is she our professor?

She gets off the hawk before continuing, "Welcome! My name is Professor Glory and I'll be your instructor for Team Fighting Mechanics I."

She then gestured to the hawk, "And this Flare Hawk is my bond, Torch."

I see Arthur flinch as Professor Glory whips around to look at him.

What happened?

I try to see her core level, but I can't as a searing pain ensues in my head, and Professor Glory glances towards me, giving me a confident smirk.