Chapter 3

"You are not coming here for a while." Daniel ordered as he stared at the door.

"You don't need to worry about that." I said. His head snapped towards me and his furious gaze met my challenging one.

"I'll break your legs if it means you're not coming here." He threatened.

"I'll shoot you in the head if you dare to do that. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again. You do not matter to me and I should not matter to you too. So, stay out of my business." I snapped and got up, ready to leave.

"I don't know what is up with you and why you keep distancing yourself from everyone." He said, frustratedly as he stood up.

"I can't leave you alone too because I know that's what you want." He said pinching the bridge of his nose. He sighed.

"I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone." I said, emotionlessly.

"Why are you so emotionless?" He huffed angrily.

The next second, he was stumbling, trying to gain his balance as my fist came in contact with his jaw.

"Do not ask questions." I gritted as he glared at me.

He started throwing punches and kicks as I kept blocking him. I tried punching him again but he dodged each hit skillfully.

After a long time of fighting, he grabbed the collars of my jacket and threw me in a chair. He kept his hands on my shoulders to keep me in place. I struggled to get up but he kept pushing me down.

"This is the only moment when I get an emotion out of you. While fighting. Just anger and frustration." He said as he stood back up, when I stopped struggling.
I just crossed my arms and huffed.

"How do you feel?" He asked flopping down on his seat.

"Better." I muttered though I didn't want to admit it.
"See. I know how to make you feel better." He smirked. "We have a great bond which you keep ignoring."

"No we do not." I muttered as he just shook his head.

"I'm tired." He whined like nothing happened.

"Go sleep then and don't ever wake up." I said as I stood up to leave.

"You are so mean." He said.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I said as I walked out.

Sneaking back inside, I flopped down on my bed as my mind swirled with thoughts and memories. Just random stuff.

'Why are you so emotionless?'

I tried to push this question to the back of my mind. The answer to this question hurts. Just thinking about it brought back so many memories which I want to bury.

I sighed and got up to get the cloth with which I tie my leg to the bed. I sleepwalk if I dream of some memory or something. I don't remember all of them though.

I woke up at 6 the next morning. I had school. Putting the red hair and brown contacts on, I pulled the hood over my head and made my way to school.

I entered the building to be greeted by the same crowded hallways. Bowing my head, I start walking to the lockers.

I'm the quiet nerd here. No one even tries to talk to me, because either they think I'm too much of a show off regarding my grades or just have a bitchy attitude. They just judged me before even trying to talk to me.

But its good, I think. I'm not allowed to have friends. Again, I don't even know why.

The day went by peacefully until I was called to the principal's office. I stood up and shuffled to his office. He was the only person I talk to in school. I talk to my teachers too but that is just to answer a question or something.