Chapter 64

"What are you doing here?" Lorenzo asked.

"I came to meet my sisters and apologize to them." He said, straightening up, no emotion visible on his face.

Someone scoffed.
"Wow! Suddenly, you remember you have sisters to apologize to? Where were you for the last eleven years?" Alessandro asked.

Everyone stayed silent. It was just the brothers arguing with each other.

"I knew about her return. But she didn't remember anyone, so that was a relief. She won't miss me. Charlotte stayed with you all this time, I thought she hated me too." His eyes filled with tears

"I'm just here, because I got the news about Amelia getting her memories back. I couldn't stay away any longer, because I knew, she'd ask about me and-and be sad about it. And I know you don't even talk about me now, that meant, she didn't hate me like you do." He said, tears flowing down his face now.

"Well. You're not meeting them again." Lorenzo said, coldly. I looked up at him in shock.

Why is he being so cruel?

"I'm going to meet him again. You can't stop me." I gritted, but Lorenzo ignored me.

"Don't do this Lorenzo." Valentino pleaded. "I've lived in guilt for eleven years. And now that I know they don't hate me, Char doesn't hate me, I won't be able to stay away."

"I will do this, Valentino." Lorenzo said, taking a step forward, threateningly. "I don't want you near my sisters."

"They are my sisters too." He said, his voice cracked.

"Not after what you did to them and then instead of explaining everything, you decided to run away. We would've forgiven you, Val. You're family." Emilio said. "But you left us." He gritted.

"It wasn't my fault-" Valentino began, but was cut off.

"Take him away." Lorenzo ordered as I heard Aunt Alicia sobbing.

That wasn't the eldest son of the Costello family, speaking. That was the Capo speaking.

That is probably why, Valentino's own parents didn't say anything and just stood there, letting Lorenzo do whatever he thought was right.

"Wait. NO." I yelled, moving forward, but Lorenzo grabbed my arm.

"CAN YOU LISTEN TO HIM FOR ONCE?" Charlotte yelled at Lorenzo, who looked at her and raised his eyebrows in surprise. She never blows up like this. No one talks to Lorenzo that way.

"Shut up, Charlotte." Gabriel said.

"No, you shut up." she yelled. "You never talked about him. You always shut me up. Do you even know what actually happened?"

"You were too small to know what happened, Charlotte." Jace said, sadly.

"But as I grew up, I understood everything." She yelled at him, furiously.

"Please let me explain." Valentino begged. Lorenzo clenched his jaw.

"You had a chance to explain, but instead you ran away." Matteo said, holding back his tears.

"Do I need to repeat myself?" Lorenzo asked, looking at the guards, who immediately moved forward to grab Valentino. I moved forward, too, jerking Lorenzo's hand away.

Nothing could've prepared me for what happened next.

Valentino panicked as the guards moved towards him. Without a second thought, he sunk to the ground, on his knees, looking up at Lorenzo.