Chapter 11

I didn't know I was just staring at the wall, my paint brush in my hand as I was lost in memories.

I looked out to see the moon shining outside, lighting up my room a little.

Getting up, I washed my hands and headed straight to bed. I tied my leg to the bed and laid down.

No matter how much I try to hate him or Ashton. Something inside me is not letting me do so. I still wish I could meet them again. Just to ask what was that I did wrong, what I did that they left me. Was I really a burden to them?

I drifted off, feeling a heavy weight on my chest.

-------------

"Amelia. Wake up." I heard someone say. I opened my eyes slowly and rubbed them.

"Stop doing that." Mason said tapping my hand.

"What do you want?" I asked in a rough voice.

"Your maid sent a parcel for you." He said. I shot up, untied my leg under the covers and practically ran to the door.

I reached the main door where a box was placed. I picked up the box and ran back to my room.

I knew it was the box having my toys. I opened the box and picked up the paper laying on top.

Hey.
I collected these toys over the years. Just remember, these kept you company when you had no friends.
Have fun.
I hope you get along well with your new family.

I put the paper aside and sat on the floor, picking a toy and cleaning it, then putting it aside on the floor.

The sun was shining bright, the warmth soothing me.

I kept cleaning until I looked at this toy in my hand. I immediately put it down and retreated my hand.

It was that plane. The plane he threw at my window.

Why the fuck did you have to keep it too?

I picked it up with shaky hands and rubbed my thumb over it.

I really miss you.

My jaw clenched as I felt a little angry too. No matter how much I loved them, they were still the the reason I felt numb.

I heard a breaking sound. I looked at my hand, clutching the toy tightly, which was broken before. Now, it split into half as the screws fell to the ground.

I put it on the ground. Looking closely, I saw a piece of paper chucked into it. I opened it and unfolded it.

"Hey Ava.
I'm so sorry for what I've done but we have to leave. This was the only way to reach you. You don't have a phone. We are really sorry, baby. I'm so sorry, I had to do that. I didn't want to leave. We were threatened.

Your father saw you yesterday. He has some connections with dangerous people who threatened to hurt you if we didn't get out of your life. But don't worry its not permanent. I'm not going to leave you with them forever.

I'll probably do something that you won't understand and probably won't like, to be more powerful to deal with these people helping your parents. I'll try to get your custody as soon as I can. Just wait patiently. I'll come get you someday. I'll keep trying until you escape that hellhole or better those bitches die. I know they are your parents but I hate their guts for what they put you through.

I'm putting my phone number and new address so you can contact me. I'll make sure these don't change until I have you. Don't risk calling us. I don't want you to get caught using a phone.