Chapter 56

Francesco and his sons were sitting in her room. They didn't tell anyone about Amelia's condition. No one. Not even their close relatives in Italy. Her uncles and cousins. It would cause chaos. Besides, the more people know, the faster it will travel through the illegal world, making them a target.

Eliza came the night before. She needed to stay near Amelia, so she doesn't panic on seeing a new doctor, when she wakes up.

They were all alerted when suddenly the heart monitor started beeping at a high pace.

Lorenzo stood up abruptly and rushed to her as Roman called the doctor.

Amelia finally moved. She wasn't laying still now. But it wasn't a good sight to witness. Amelia started flailing her arms and legs around, gasping for air.

She started screaming suddenly. Lorenzo flinched. All of the brothers did. They feared this. They were scared of their sister going through this.

Her screams lessened a little. But what she said next, pulled the ground from below Lorenzo.

"TEDDY." She yelled.

Tears filled Lorenzo's eyes. He just stood there wide-eyed, staring at his sister.

He couldn't control his emotions anymore as the tears started flowing down his cheeks, for the first time in ten years. Seeing this, Francesco was quick to engulf him in a hug.

" DAD. Teddy. They are hurting her. Please. They're hurting her. Save her. Dad. Mommy. She's screaming, Teddy." Amelia yelled as tears flowed out her closed eyes. She started sobbing.

Everyone stayed out of the way, quite unwillingly, as the doctor and Eliza did their work. The brothers wanted nothing more than to hold her in their arms.

After some seconds, Amelia finally fell silent. Her face red and tear-streaked.

"Her heart rate is finally in control." The doctor said.

"She may wake up anytime now." Eliza assured.

"You all need to eat. You're not looking healthy. Come on." She ushered them, giving them a sad look. Eliza herself didn't want to eat, but she had to make sure everyone ate something.

How will they take care of Amelia and Elena, if they weren't well themselves.

"I don't want to eat." Lorenzo said, sitting on an armchair in the room, when Eliza asked him to come too. Everyone was out of the room now.

"You need to eat Lorenzo." she crouched down before him and took his hand in hers. "You need to be healthy and energetic to help her." She said, caressing his cheek.

"She called me teddy." Lorenzo muttered, not looking at her. Eliza smiled.

"She called me that before she was taken." He wiped a tear away. He was dying to hear that word from her, since the day he saw her. But the word had too many memories. He didn't want her to be in pain.

"Don't worry. Just be patient and wait till she gets her memories back. I know its hurting you too. You can't hide it from me." She said, kissing his hand.

Lorenzo stood up, making her stand up too. He hugged Eliza tight.

"Thank you for everything, Eliza. I'm grateful. Really." He muttered into her hair. Eliza just patted his back.

This was the first time he was hugging her and she didn't want to let go.

"Okay. Now let's go." She pulled away reluctantly.

Everyone was sad. They ate just two or three bites and went to sit with their mother or sister.

Next day.