Chapter 27

After dinner, I sat down and started painting. I didn't want to sleep. I was having butterflies just thinking about him.

After I was done, I looked at the clock on my nightstand to see it was way past midnight. I stood up, washed my hands and pallette and changed to go to bed.

Coming out of the bathroom, I noticed something strange. I put my ear to the door of my room to listen to it clearly. Their were sounds coming from outside. I heard the creaking of the floor. It sounded like someone's footsteps.

The footsteps passed my room as I heard their sound become less audible. I opened the door silently, just enough to look through. It may be one of my brothers but I still need to check.

The hallway was dimly lit. I saw a man walking away from my room. He was tall. I noticed his dirty blonde hair. He was tiptoeing down the hallway.

He stopped before a door and turned the knob quietly.

Jace's room.

Oh wow. Someone's here to kill him.

But that's my job. I'll be the first.

I quickly shuffled to the bathroom and pulled out my gun from under the sink. Putting the safety off, I crept towards the door and stepped out.

I was tiptoeing quietly, at least quieter than the guy. The door wasn't properly closed. I pushed it slightly and tiptoed inside.

This person is out for a good deed. But alas, he'll not do it.

I saw him standing over Jace near his bed. Before he could do anything. I kicked on the insides of his knee as he fell forwards and within a second he was on his knees with my gun pointed towards his head.

"Hand's up. You are trying to do my job. You can't kill him. I'll be the one to do that." I gritted as he raised his hands and shifted to sit in a better position.

"WHAT?" He yelled. I was about to warn him not to, when he said. "Oh my god Jace, get up. There's someone here to kill you." He said, urgently.

Before I knew, the gun flew from my hands and I was stumbling. I regained balance only to find him, standing before me and smirking.

Jace? He was still sleeping. This bitch is gonna get killed in his sleep.

I glared at him and directed a punch to his stomach. I successfully punched him as he let out an oof.

He directed a punch to my face. I dodged it but he kicked my knee. I fell down, clutching my knee. He tried to punch me again but I rolled over and stood up. My knee hurt a little.

I swung my leg towards his feet to make him fall down. He fell face first as I quickly pinned his arms behind his back. He groaned. I held him still for sometime, before he just simply got up and I stumbled back and fell to the ground.

Fuck my little self.

"Okay, it was a fun game." He said, before pinning my arms behind my back and making me stand up.

The door swung open and Lorenzo rushed in with his hand behind his back, ready to get his gun out.

I swung my foot backwards and kicked the guy hard on his lower leg. He was on his knees, when I grabbed his hair and made him look up at me.

"Oh, it sure as hell was." I gritted, while he just gulped a little, at my cold tone.

"Amelia, leave him." Lorenzo said. I could only imagine a smirk on his face.

"Amelia?" The guy on the ground said. I looked at him to see his eyes wide and jaw dropped.

"Woah." Was all he said as he blinked, checking if I'd disappear.