Chapter 58

You guys don't have to thank me for update, you know.
🤗🤗
I should be thankful. Thanks for the votes and comments. The comments kinda encourage me. I love reading your comments.
❤❤❤
-----------

I was walking to Mom's room.

"Hey." I said, sitting down.

"You know, I have two best friends. Ashton and Daniel. You know Ashton, Damon's brother. Daniel was an assassin in the gang. He's a great friend."

"Ashton is more than friend." I said, almost in a whisper, leaning towards her. "We just found out about a week ago, about our feelings."

"You know Lorenzo has a love interest too. Eliza? The family and Mafia doctor. I think he likes her, but doesn't admit it. I'm going to get it out of him."

"They are so adorable. You should see how he looks at her. Eliza makes him want to pull his hair out, then Lorenzo scolds her and she curses at him."

"He needs to admit, he loves her." I said, frustratedly.

"Yeah. I agree." A scratchy voice was heard. It was a small whisper.

I jumped at the sudden voice. I looked around me to find, no one, my hand on my stomach to get my dagger out at any time. My eyes landed on Mom to find her eyes open and looking at me, a smile gracing her lips.

"W-What?" I stuttered, with wide eyes.

"Water." She choked out, in her dry and raspy voice. I gulped and went to get her a glass of water. She kept looking at me the whole time.

"Here." I said, putting it to her mouth and helping her drink.

"You're awake." I said, still not believing it. I sat down again.

She raised her hand and caressed my cheek.

"They really found you." She muttered. "I thought I was just dreaming."

"You could hear everything?" I asked, although I knew she did.

"Most things." She answered. I nodded.

It suddenly dawned upon me when I got up abruptly.
"Wait! I need to tell everyone." I said and ran to the door.

"Mom's awake." I yelled into the hallway, then got my phone out and called Lorenzo.

"Mom's awake. Come here quickly." I said into the phone and hung up, not waiting for his reaction.

"What the hell are you yelling for?" Jace said as he ran towards me, looking ready to beat the hell out of me. "Didn't even understand a word." He said, putting a hand to his heart and looking at me with relief.

"Hello, baby."

I coughed to hide my laughter. Jace looked at Mom, turning his head so fast, I thought it was gonna fall down.

It would be good, I guess. His head falling down.

Or even hanging down from his neck.

Nearly headless Jace.

"Mom?" He asked, with wide eyes, looking at the lady, smiling warmly at him.

He rushed to her and hugged her tight.

I watched as my other brothers and Dad entered the room.

"Ellie." Dad said, rushing to her side and engulfing her in a hug, kissing her all over her face.

We did NOT need to see that.

Everyone started meeting her after the doctor checked her and left.