Chapter 30

I walked up to my room, showered and changed to get ready for bed.

I was just about to lay down when my phone rang.

"What?" I asked, in a slightly annoyed tone. I was tired.

"How was your day?" Ashton asked ignoring my annoyed tone.

"I was about to sleep, Ashy." I whined, rolling over and laying down on my stomach.

"You didn't answer his question, Amy." I heard another voice growl, angrily.

"Ugh, what is Daniel doing here?" I groaned.

I hate it when he goes all big brotherly on me. He did it many times, even when I was trying to stay away from him.

"Don't tell me my two best friends are actually friends now."

"How was your day?" Daniel gritted again. I know he wants the tea, so he knows if he needs to kill Josh for mistreating me or something.

"It was great. We went to an amusement park. We ate a lot and rode all the rides there, for the first time may I add. We ate ice-cream and he dropped me home. He was really sweet and treated me well."

"He didn't touch you?" Ashton asked, with curiousity. Such gossip guys.

"No." I said way too quickly.

"That's a lie." They both said at the same time.

"Ugh." I groaned. "Well- uhm- yeah, we almost did."

"Did what?" Ashton growled. God why are you adding so many overprotective truckers to my life? Can't I have more people like Eliza?

"Kissed." I whispered.

"WHAT?" They both yelled at the same time. I heard someone ask what happened in the background.

"She almost kissed him." Ashton told Damon.

Fuck you Ashton.

I heard the phone being snatched from Ashton as Damon's voice was heard.

"Is it the truth?" He asked, angrily. I was about to say something, when Daniel said.

"I gotta go. Bye." He sounded amused and satisfied, because I was in trouble. He cut the call and left me to hear Damon's lecture.

"Yes." I said, now sitting up.

"On your first date?" He asked, trying to keep his cool.

"Yes, Damon." I said. "But we didn't. I pulled away."

"Oh." I heard him say. He chuckled. "Okay, then. You should be glad you didn't, or I would've locked you in the house. You can't just go around kissing boys."

I sighed in relief and closed my eyes.

"How are you?" He asked, after a while. "I'm good." I replied.

Honestly, I'm great. I'm kinda getting attached to my new family. With my brothers, big bro, Ashton, Daniel, Eliza and Sarah, everything's going pretty well. Not to mention, my two cousins, Matteo and the loser.

"Great. You're coming tomorrow, right?" He asked hopefully. I smiled.

"Yeah. I'm coming. I miss you and Ashy." I said, in a sleepy tone.

"Ask Daniel to come too. We're his second family too. He should visit us on weekends." He said. I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my mouth.

He sounds like a father, calling his son and daughter to visit him at weekends.