Chapter 28

I woke up, half laying on top of Grayson. Since grayson was laying on the side of bed, half of my body hung down from the bed.

"I was waiting for you to wake up and get off." Grayson said breathlessly from beneath me. I quickly rolled over and heard him heave deep breaths.

"Sorry." I muttered, before closing my eyes again.

"Don't sleep again." Grayson tapped my shoulder. I opened one eye and looked at him, then closed it again.

"You go. I'll come after some time." I said, then added. "Five minutes."

"Ok." He said as I felt him get up.

I was sleeping very peacefully when an alarm rang.

Ugh. He set an alarm.

Grayson!! I can't even curse you out.

I got up, wrapped the blanket around me and sleepily walked to my room. I dumped the blanket on my bed and stepped into my bathroom. I just brushed my teeth and freshened up. I was still feeling sleepy. Today was like the day, I wanted to just be in the blanket and watch TV.

I was hugging the blanket to my body. Pushing the door open, I entered the kitchen.

"Rise and shine, princess." Alex sang while my other brothers looked ridiculously at me. They chuckled a little and shook their head as I sat down on my seat cross legged and wrapped the blanket around me properly. Only my face was visible.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked. My head already started lolling as I fought to keep my eyes open.

"Pancakes. But you can have anything you want." Roman offered.

"Brownie." I said immediately, my eyes still closed.

"No." Lorenzo said. "You're not eating that, first thing in the morning."

"Ugh. Fine. I don't wanna eat then." I said. My mind started to wander.

"Can you give me some fruits and a glass of milk, Roman?" Lorenzo asked, politely. "I'll cut them for her."

"What?" I whined. I don't want to stay here that long and eat food. Brownie is much easier to eat.

"Stop whining." He scolded. "Your diet is a serious topic and I can't let you mess with it. Now eat." Lorenzo ordered. I felt a plate being shifted before me. I just sat there, feeling extremely sleepy.

I should start keeping track of time while painting. I didn't sleep much last night.

"Amelia." Lorenzo growled. I opened my eyes. It took a lot of effort.

"What?" I asked tiredly. His expression changed from angry and stern to soft and concerned.

"Did you not sleep last night?" He asked, pointing to the bags under my eyes.

"Nah. I lost track of time, while painting." I said and yawned.

"Guess we need to set bedtimes now." Alex snickered and I heard a muffled laughter. That was surely Jace.

"We need to get trash cans ASAP." I retorted. Someone throw this guy away.

I looked at them and saw Grayson was turning red from holding in his laughter.

"Okay. Stop before it gets worse." Roman said from behind the counter, still cooking.

"Are you hungry, Angel?" Lorenzo asked. I shook my head no. I really wasn't hungry.

"Okay, go to sleep. You can skip school today. But I'm setting a bedtime." He warned. "We'll talk about it later."

I nodded and put my head on the table and took a deep breath. I was already drifting off, with my head on the hard surface.