Chapter 75

Its been a day since my conversation with Ryan's dad. I haven't seen him since then. He's avoiding me, I guess.

I sighed.
Guess, I need to sneak around and do something myself.

I heard a knock.
"Yeah?" I called out.

Uncle Robert stepped in, cautiously.

He locked the door and took a seat on the desk chair facing me.

"I can't help you call them. My phone is hacked. We'll be caught. From what I know, my son won't be home today. Ryan doesn't know about it, but I'm going out today, to meet your father." My ears perked up.

"Yes, he's here with your brothers." He smiled, answering my question, before I could even ask.

"Better start writing a letter, little one." He said, handing me a page and his pen. He ruffled my hair and started walking out.

"Promise me, you'll help Jenny get a good life?" He said, sadly, while standing on the door. I nodded.

"Of course." I said.

He nodded and said,
"Fingers crossed, they don't kill me the second I walk in."

I chuckled as he closed the door and started writing.

----------

"Are you done?" Jenny asked, coming in my room.

Ryan is almost never home.
Wonder how Lorenzo didn't get him, while he was roaming outside.

"Yeah." I said, folding the paper and giving it to her. She put it in the basket full of clothes, just to not take any risk and walked out.

"Hope this works." I said, looking up at the ceiling as if talking to god.

----------

Lorenzo's POV.

"What?" I growled into the phone. Ryan's phone is hard to track. Its protected. His car can't be tracked easily, either. I could see years of hard work in the protection.

Jace is still trying, he said, we'll find out soon, but I'm getting really impatient. Putting the glass to my mouth, I took a big sip of the ice cold water.

I've sent many search parties and tried getting more clues.

"Sir, there's someone here to meet you. Someone named Robert Brown." I almost spat the water out of my mouth.

Is this a joke? Does he want to die or is he as psychotic as his son?

"Send him in." I said. My jaw clenched and my hands curled into fists.

"What happened?" Dad asked.

"Robert Brown is here."

I could see Dad's eyes darken. He looked ready to kill. He's here, he won't be able to go back, unless he tells us where his son is.

The door opened and in he walked in, confident, with his head held high.

Before I could blink, the older man was slammed into a wall.

"Where's my sister?" Roman yelled, about to punch him.

"Leave him, Roman." I ordered. Roman stopped immediately and took his hands off him hesitantly.

"What do you want?" I asked, coldly.

"I actually want to give." He said, loud enough for everyone to hear. I looked at Dad.