Chapter 52

"We're gonna land in fifteen minutes, sir." The men in black informed Lorenzo. I was getting anxious now. I kept biting my nails and looking out. I was getting very nervous now.

"Stop that." Lorenzo said, pushing my hand down. "Don't be nervous."

"How can I not be nervous? I'm meeting them for the first time and I don't even remember anything about them." I said, clutching my head in my hands and looking down. Suddenly, I was picked up and wrapped in a hug.

"Calm down, Angel. Don't stress out. It's not good for you." Lorenzo muttered, hugging me close. Even his voice soothed me. I took deep breaths and put my head against his shoulder.

"What happened?" Roman asked, looking between me and Lorenzo.

"She's stressing out." Lorenzo said simply.

"Aww.. my baby." Roman said, rushing forward towards me. He picked me up effortlessly and sat down.

"They are your parents. You don't have to be so stressed out. Its not a business meeting." He said, stroking my hair.

I nodded and yawned. That's how warm and comforting his hugs are.

"We are about to land. Please buckle up your seatbelts." A lady announced. Roman put me back on my seat and sat down. Lorenzo held my hand in his, rubbing the back of it.

--------------

"I don't want to go." I said, trying to pull my hand out of Lorenzo's grasp. I dug my heels into the ground, but Lorenzo is too strong.

"Come on, Angel. You're tougher than that." He said, pulling me towards the mansion.

The mansion looked like fucking white house. You had to climb a whole staircase just to reach the front door. Not to mention the lawn which spread to miles, I think.

"Ugh. Stop fussing over it and move." Jace said, in his annoying voice. When I still didn't move, he grabbed the back of my neck and started pulling me to the mansion.

"You're too polite with her, Lorenzo." He said. Lorenzo walked behind us.

"And you're being extremely rude to her." Roman said, in a scolding tone.

"I'm her brother. I'm supposed to be rude to her. Right, Angel?" He mocked saying the last word.

Before I could comprehend what I was doing, he was clutching his nose, through which blood was pouring out. I moved forward still angry, when arms snaked around my waist and my back hit a hard chest.

"Let me go, Grayson." I said, struggling to get out of his grasp.

"Calm down first." He said. It took me a minute or two to calm down a bit. I looked to my side towards Lorenzo.

He was smirking while looking at Jace with a strange twinkle in his eyes.

Wow! And I thought I was gonna get grounded.

Mason patted his back and chuckled, helping him clean his nose.

"Don't put her down." Lorenzo said and started walking towards the mansion.

"Ugh. Let me get ready to meet them first." I said, trying to find an excuse to be put down.

"We both know, you're planning to take years for getting ready to meet them."

Uggghhhhhhh.

How does he freaking know freaking everything?

We reached the front door. The guards bowed to us. Lorenzo held the handle of the door and opened it.