Chapter 26

"Lorenzo?" I called out knocking on his office door.

"Come in." His voice was heard. I opened the door and popped my head in.

"Do you need something, angel?" He asked from behind his desk.

"Yeah. Actually, I want to talk about something." I said. I wanted to get his permission and talk about Daniel.

I took a seat as he shifted all the papers and put them aside.

"The information about Daniel. Can I know, what you got to know about him?" I asked. He got up and pulled a file out of a cabinet. Passing the file to me, he took a seat again.

Daniel Wilson
Present age: 17
Works for the blood rivals gang.
Most trained and experienced assassin.

Left at the doorstep of an orphanage at 1 year of age.
Adopted at 9 by John emerson.
Kicked out at 14 by foster parent, for being gay.
Joined the gang some weeks after.
No family records found.

"This is it?" I asked, looking at Lorenzo.

There's not even the mention of his sister. That's really weird.

"Yeah. It's kinda sus, considering I'm powerful enough to get more information.." I opened my mouth to say something.

"Unless," he continued, not wanting me to interrupt him. "Unless, there's someone behind, erasing all the information." He finished.

I need to find this someone.

"What're you thinking?" Lorenzo asked. I shook my head.

"Nothing." I said. "I gotta go."

I stood up and ran out of his office.

Wait a minute! I stopped in my tracks and turned back around. I started walking towards his office again.

Barging in, I took a seat again. He looked amused.

"What? Miss me already?" He asked.

"I wanted to ask for something." I said rubbing the back of my neck. He nodded, waiting for me to continue.

"A guy, Josh wants to hang out this weekend." I said, changing the statement, so it sounds more as a friendly meet up. Lorenzo raised an eyebrow.

I can see a big NO coming my way.

"Josh as in your crush?" Lorenzo gritted his teeth while giving me a dangerous glare.

"How do you know?" I asked, shocked. I didn't tell anyone I had a crush on him.

"I know everything." He growled. "Is this the guy you were checking out?" He glared at me.

I gulped and shifted in my seat.
"Yeah." I squeaked. He looks so scary right now.

"He wants to hang out?" He said. I opened my mouth to say something but he continued. "As a date?"

I saw his jaw clench. I wonder if it was a bad idea to ask him.

"Yes." I mumbled.

"What was that?" He growled.

"Yes." I said, louder this time.

"So, you want to tell me that your CRUSH asked you out on a date." He said as he clenched and unclenched his jaw. I nodded.

"I'm saying this for the first and last time, Amelia. Don't you ever dare to twist the truth." He gritted. I nodded my head.

"I can't hear nods, baby." He said, in a stern voice.

I guess this is his strict side. This just makes me more careful. I don't want to disappoint him and permanently be on his strict side.