Chapter 71

Mason's POV

"Can you ask Angel to meet me in my study, please? She's been acting off today." Lorenzo said, just as I was about to reach the door.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, in a panicked voice.

"I don't know. She's been too quiet and hasn't left her room once." Lorenzo said, with a worried look on his face.

"Okay. I'll tell her." I said, walking out.

I walked to her room, deep in thought.

"Amelia?" I called out, entering the room.

She wasn't this silent ever. Even when she was painting, she'd stay quiet, but would play music. Loud music.

"Amy?" I called again. She wasn't in her room. I checked her closet.

I knocked on the bathroom door. It was locked.

"Amelia?" I yelled, knocking furiously. Scenarios ran through my mind.

"Open the door." I yelled again. There was no response.

Without thinking for a second, I kicked at the door, two times. It almost came off its hinges. But that wasn't what gave me a heart attack.

It was the horrific situation before me.

Amelia sat on the floor, her head clutched in her hands, her nails digging into the skin and her hair almost pulled out.

She was murmuring something, most likely having an attack like she had before.

But there was also one thing. Her blood. Dripping from her left arm, a small puddle on the floor. Her arm red and her left hand red and swollen with purple-black bruises forming at some places.

I rushed over to her.

"Oh my God. Baby." I panicked, tears threatening to escape my eyes. This was the worst of my worst nightmares. This was something that shook me to the core and terrified me to no end.

I pulled her hands away from her head. Her eyes clenched shut and she kept saying whatever she was saying. I couldn't understand anything. She started cradling herself.

I picked her up and walked out. Her voice grew weaker with each passing moment.

"Hey. Don't sleep. Keep your eyes open. Take deep breaths. I'm here." I said, putting her down on the bed gently. Her eyes started closing again.

"Keep your eyes open, baby." I said, lightly patting her cheeks. "Don't sleep." I said, while calling Eliza.

"Eliza. Something's happened. Amy, she's bleeding and injured." I don't know how to explain, I was so shook.

Lucky for me and Amelia, Eliza panicked and hung up saying she's on her way.

"What happened?" Grayson asked, coming into the room. He panicked as soon as he saw the condition our sister was in. I kept patting Amelia's cheek.

"Don't sleep baby. Keep your eyes open for me." I said. She was still blubbering something, I couldn't comprehend.

"Comfort her, you idiot." Grayson grumbled, before taking the matter into his own hands. He was as panicked as I was.

"ROMAN." He yelled, out the door to call for the creature, who can comfort anyone with just his presence. But I was not waiting anymore. I picked her up and sat down with her on my lap.

"Shh.. Stop talking and take deep breaths." I muttered, stroking her hair, as she seemed to melt into the touch.

Slowly, she stopped talking and tried focussing her gaze on me, which was difficult as she struggled to keep her eyes open.