Chapter 13

"I want to know the whole story." Damon said sitting down.

"So I was at the base. I met Daniel there. I had a meeting with Mafia men. It was Mason Costello. Then I met another man in school who claimed  I was his sister. It was Roman Costello. Then I was taken as a bait by none other than Grayson costello. He told me they aren't my real parents. I searched the basement and found out the truth. Then Mason and his Younger brother Jace costello walked in while I was threatening Chris. Till then I was just like 'why are these blue eyed men appearing out of nowhere all of a sudden'. Then finally they called Lorenzo Costello, then I found out they are my biological brothers." She finished her rambling and looked up at him.

Throughout the story, he noticed the name Costello, more than anything.

"I'm not actually Ava Winston. I'm Amelia Costello." Amelia said, smiling at him happily. He was deep in thought.

"So The Costello's are your brothers?" He asked. She nodded.

"And you live with them?" He asked as she nodded again.

"How did you get here?" He asked. She shrunk a little.
"I sneaked out." She mumbled, not looking at him.

"They must be trying to find you." Damon stated getting his phone out.
"What are you doing?" Amelia asked.

"Calling them? They probably don't know you're gone yet." Damon answered.

"No, don't. Wait!! you know them?" Amelia asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I know them." Damon said. He didn't just know them. Lorenzo and him were business partners. He was also good friends with him. They were family.

"Don't call them. I didn't sneak out to go live with them again. I want to live with you, big bro. I don't want to live with them." She begged putting both of her hands on his phone.

As much as Damon wanted her to live with him, he couldn't do that. He couldn't just take away their angel who they found after ten long years.

He'd seen the brothers at their worst when they missed her too much. He felt a little sad about not being able to adopt her now, but the thought that she was living with his best friend helped. He could meet her anytime.

"You know, I can't do that baby." Damon tried to explain. "They are the Mafia. They are much powerful than me. They'll take you away and will not even let you meet me, if I posed as a threat to your family, that is just coming together."

"But you said you'll take my custody." Amelia said tearing up again.

"And I was still trying. It's not that easy, baby." Damon said in a soothing tone as the girl just huffed and crossed her arms.

Damon raised an eyebrow.
"Is the baby about to throw a tantrum?"

"I'm not a baby." She whined, hugging him again and burying her head in his chest as a deep chuckle resonated inside.

"Yeah, sorry. My baby. Is my baby about to throw a tantrum?" Damon asked again as she just mumbled incoherent words.

As much as Amelia wanted to throw a tantrum, she knew what position he was in right now. She knew if he tried to come in between her brothers and her, they'll try to push him away from her.

That's the reason she stayed silent, while Damon was still talking on the phone.

Lorenzo knew she sneaked out, the moment she left the mansion. He had already sent search parties and tracked Daniel's car. He was tracking Amelia's phone which was turned off.

Its good she let him call her brothers, for the sake of Daniel. They would've caught Daniel and tortured him.

"She's with me. I'll explain later. Why don't you come for dinner with the boys?" Damon asked. There was silence for sometime.