Chapter 40

"Tell me what?" Lorenzo's heavy voice boomed through the lobby. Jace looked at him, wide eyed, as he came striding down the stairs.

Lorenzo's looked at Amelia and stopped in his tracks. His eyebrows furrowed and he stepped closer.

"Oh here he is. Look, Lorenzo I'm drunk." She giggled, as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

"What?" He glared at Jace, piecing two and two together.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked, furiously.

"Two weeks." Jace mumbled, looking down.

"Behind my back?" Lorenzo gritted, feeling more angry than ever.

"I'm sorry. I thought she'll stop." He mumbled again.

That was a dumb response.

Amelia groaned, dragging Lorenzo's attention towards her.

"Go to your room, Jace. You're grounded. I want all your electronics, keys and credit cards in my room. You're not taking care of the security anymore. You clearly misused it." He said, before stalking towards her, his jaw clenched. Jace glanced at them, sending a pitiful look towards Amelia and shuffled to his room.

"Lorenzo." She giggled. "It feels so good."

"How did I not notice this?" He grumbled.

Amelia kept blubbering something, which didn't even make sense and kept giggling.

Her laughing, just angered him more.

"I let you do everything, Amelia. I tried to let you live how you want. I didn't say no to anything. But I've reached my limit."

Lorenzo's voice kept on raising with each word he spoke. He was so angry.

She was smart enough to know if what she's doing is right or not.

"I know you're sad and stressed. But I can't let you drink your life away." He glared at her.

Amelia was just looking at him emotionlessly, now. Even drunk, she still felt a pang of guilt on seeing his icy cold expression.

"We'll talk in the morning." He said, before picking her up and walking upstairs. It was useless talking to her while she was drunk.

Her eyes started closing, but she struggled to keep them open.

"I know I'm a disappointment, Lorenzo. You have every right to be disappointed and angry at me." She slurred, her mood completely changed now.

She didn't feel all giggly and happy now. She felt sad and gloomy.

All the events of her past swirled in her mind. The disgusting look Ryan gave her. The way he looked her up and down. Chris and Maria. How they made her work so hard and never appreciated her.

Everything.

She was breaking inside. Losing hope.

She was ready to beg. To be saved from Ryan. She was that scared of him and what he'll do to her, if he had his hands on her.

"I know I will never be good enough. I know I made you and angry and disappointed. But please don't kick me out. I don't wanna leave now. Don't let him take me away from you." She whimpered and buried her face into his chest.

Lorenzo stayed silent. He'll get the answers soon. She's in huge trouble and would need to explain many things. He opened the door to his room and put her on the bed.

She sat up and looked at him through teary eyes. Lorenzo just grabbed a water bottle and handed it over to her.

"Finish it." He ordered. Amelia drank a sip or two before she felt the need to start talking again. She wanted to let it all off her chest. A minute or two passed with her just staring at the bottle.