Chapter 67

I was just slouching on the couch, eating popcorn and watching TV. I was feeling bored and sleepy but I don't want to sleep.

"Where's my favourite girl?" Eliza sang entering the living room.

"Here." I groaned.

"What happened?" She asked, chuckling a little.

"I'm getting bored and missing Dad. And Mom." I mumbled, my eyes closing.

"Maybe brownies can help?" She asked, as my eyes lit up.

"You brought brownies?" I asked.

"Nuh uh. Homemade brownies. I'm going to make them. You stay here and try not to sleep." She said.

"Yes Boss." I said, saluting.

Some time later, Lorenzo strode into the living room. His eyebrows furrowed when he entered the room. He looked like he was looking for someone.

"What?" I asked, before smirking. "Does the living room smell like Eliza?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"You-" Lorenzo was cut off, by the doorbell ringing.

Saved me from a long lecture.

A man came in.
"Miss Russo is here to meet you, Sir." The man said, bowing respectfully to the now-tensed Capo. I got up from my place.

Why is Lorenzo so tensed and uncomfortable? Why haven't I heard of this Miss Russo ever before?

Lorenzo stood frozen, on the spot, like a deer caught in headlights.

"Hello, Mr. Costello." I heard a very sweet angelic voice say. I moved forward.

A girl stood there, about Roman's age, wearing a white dress that made her look like an angel. She looked so beautiful and pure.

I smiled at her as she smiled sweetly.

Roman came striding down, humming a song but stopped when his eyes fell on the girl.

"Hey." He said, coming forwards towards her. He was a little awkward.

"Hello, Roman." She said, smiling, then looking down, not being able to hold eye contact.

Ooooo. She's blushing.

New ship, I guess.

"Why don't you have a seat?" Lorenzo asked, politely.

"Thanks Mr. Costello." She said, before sitting down as I cleaned the couch where I was sitting.

Roman kept looking at the girl with a smile on his face. The girl avoided eye contact with him.

"I was actually here to talk about the deal." She said. Lorenzo looked at us for a second, then nodded his head.

"Let's go to my office to discuss." He said, getting up and straightening his coat.

That's when I noticed the guard, standing in the doorway of the living room. He was her bodyguard.

Is she a princess?

"What deal?" Roman asked, confused. "I thought, Alice was not involved in the business?"

There was silence for a while. Alice looked at Roman then at Lorenzo, before bowing her head, a sad look crossed her face.

"I thought about it a lot and I think Roman deserves to know." She said, softly. "I know, its too late and we decided to keep it a secret. I'm sorry, Mr. Costello, but that's what I am here for, today."