Chapter 10

Hi.
Hope you are all fine.
Stay safe and keep smiling.
😊❤
-----------------------

Flashback.
(When she was eight)

Ava was trembling as she descended the stairs after her parents called her downstairs.

"Can't you come faster?" Her mom shrieked.

She started moving a little faster. Reaching the kitchen, she was grabbed by her hair by her obviously drunk mother.

"Why is it not cooked properly? No one's gonna like you if you are not perfect." She yelled as her drunk father took charge and punched her in the stomach.

She screamed in pain and doubled up. They focused the hits on her stomach where they could stay hidden.

The torture went on. After some time they left her there and walked out.

She got up and limped outside and hid behind a tree in their backyard.

She was crying for a long time, thinking why her parents do that.

"Hey!! Little one. What happened baby?" Someone asked.

She looked up to be met by dazzling hazel eyes looking at her. It was her neighbour, who was just eighteen and already training to take over his parent's business and raising his brother.

He climbed over the hedge and tried to pick her up. She backed away.

"Hey! I'm not gonna hurt you. Just hug you. It'll make the pain vanish." He said picking her up easily and hugging her tightly.

"Shh..Don't cry, baby. You can always come to me if you are sad, okay?" He said climbing over the hedge again, with her in his arms this time.

"What happened, Damon? Why is she crying?" His little brother, Ashton, who was just a year older than Amelia, asked looking up at his brother.

"I don't know, Ash. But let's take her inside." Damon answered as he kept rubbing the little girl's back who was now clinging onto him like her life depended on it.

"What happened?" Damon asked. Ashton passed a glass of water to the girl sitting on the couch, now very calm. Too calm for a little girl who had just cried after being abused, which Damon didn't know about.

"Nothing. I was just sad." She lied, not giving away any emotion.

Damon stroked her hair. She drank the water and Ashton bounced around them, trying to get Amelia to play with him.

Flashback 2

Her parents have gone since morning and they'll most likely return in the evening. So she's staying at Damon's house for the day. Her parents don't know about her coming here, because she shouldn't be having friends or someone to love her.

"Ava, are you an idiot? Pay attention to the game." Ashton said, keeping his eyes on the screen.

"I am paying attention and I'm not an idiot. You're stupid." She said as he turned to look at her.

"You're dumb." He retorted.

"You're a slut." She giggled. His eyes widen.

"WHAT?" Damon yelled storming in.

"Where did you learn to say that?" He asked, glaring at her slightly.

"Mom said I was a slut. I don't know what it means. What does it mean, big bro?" She asked. "Is it something good?"