Chapter 38

"You are gonna get yourself killed. Piece of shit." Jace dragged her to his room, by her ear.

"Owww. Bitch, Leave my ear alone." She yelled, clawing at his hand.

"Shut the fuck up and get your ass inside." Jace said, pushing her slightly as they stood before his room. Amelia glared at him through her red, puffed eyes. His angry glare made her comply as she walked inside. Jace went downstairs again to grab a water bottle.

He went back upstairs to find her sprawled on the bed, staring at nothing.

She giggled looking at him, as he approached her.

"What's so funny?" Jace frowned, pulling her to sit up and handing the bottle to her.

She kept drinking the water as he towered over her, making sure she finished it.

"I'll punch you to hell, if you die of alcohol poisoning." He muttered.

"What was the question?" She asked. Jace furrowed his eyebrows, before realising.

"What's so funny?" He asked. She giggled and said,

"Your existence." She said and burst out laughing.

Jace rolled his eyes but couldn't help the smile that graced his lips while he looking at her laughing.

Suddenly, her laughs turned into sobs. He rushed over to her side and picked her up.

"Hey, what happened?" He asked, looking into her teary eyes.

"I wanna die." She choked out.

Jace flinched at the statement.

"Don't say that." He said pulling her into his lap and stroking her hair as she cried into his chest.

He calmed her down until her sobs turned into soft snores.

He put her to bed and laid beside her, cuddling her as she clutched his T-shirt tightly in her fists.

-------------------

Next day.

Amelia's POV

"They'll be back at night." Grayson said, hanging up. He had called Lorenzo. I was sitting on the couch having a major hangover. Jace hid the painkillers as 'punishment'.

Grayson got up and walked up to his room. I threw my head back and rubbed my head. It hurts so much. I was massaging my head when I heard footsteps.

I opened my eyes only to find Jace standing before me, not looking at me and having an expression like a stubborn baby not getting his way, on his face.

He threw the painkillers at me and handed me a water bottle. He had a frown on his face. He didn't say anything and left the room.

The day went by quickly.

It was already midnight and I was in the kitchen waiting for them to return. I was making hot chocolate. My eyes were closing on their own accord.

I was sitting, with my head supported by my arms on the counter, my eyes closing and opening in the struggle to keep awake.

I heard the front door open and heard footsteps. Before I could get out of the kitchen, I heard someone speak.

"Someone's in the kitchen." Lorenzo whispered. I just sat there as three pairs of footsteps approached the kitchen.

"You're up. Why?" Lorenzo asked coming to sit across me.

"I was waiting on you." I yawned and smiled at him.