Chapter 9

Third POV.

Roman woke up early the next morning and headed to the kitchen. When he passed the living room door though, he saw light coming from under the door.

Opening the door a bit, he saw the TV was turned on and a little person was laying on the couch. Her one leg and an arm on the back of the couch while the other leg and arm hung down and a blanket on the floor.

A big smile made its way to his lips as he saw her sleeping peacefully.

"What are you doing?"

Roman turned around sharply, shushing the person, who turned out to be Lorenzo.

He got out of the way and pointed his thumb inside. Lorenzo furrowed his eyebrows before peeking in.

His eyebrows raised in surprise.
'Cute.' He thought.

"Of course she is." Roman whispered, a large smile playing on his lips.

Correction: 'Cute.' He said out loud.

"Put a blanket on her. I'm going to prepare breakfast." Roman said patting Lorenzo's back and heading to the kitchen.

Lorenzo stepped into the room and quietly got closer to the little girl. He picked up the remote that was on her stomach and put it on the table. Gently lifting her arms and legs back onto the couch, he lowered the other arm and leg too. He picked up the blanket and put it over her, before turning the TV off.

Quietly getting out of the room, he walked into the kitchen and sat down, watching Roman cook.

"Don't you think she's too skinny? I'm not judging or something. But its not the healthy skinny." Roman said.

Lorenzo nodded.
"Make sure she eats something. She's probably still weak from yesterday."

Roman just nodded in response.

Ava's POV.

I woke up to find myself on the couch with a blanket tightly wrapped around me. Getting up, I made my way to the door and opened it. I stepped out of the room only to bump into someone.

"Good morning." Mason sang.

Who's this cheerful in the morning?

"Did my stuff arrive yet?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Don't do that." He said grabbing my hand. I quickly pulled my hand out of his grasp.

"Yeah. The stuff arrived. We put it in Lorenzo's room. Your room is getting ready for you to move in. Lorenzo said you could use his bathroom." He told me. I nodded and started walking to the room.

Opening the door, I saw Grayson still sleeping. I saw some bags in the corner. I rummaged through the bags to get my clothes out. Finding the clothes, I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I pushed the door open to find myself in a bathroom bigger than my old room. I gaped at the shower and the huge jacuzzi in there. Not to mention the sink, having so many products there, placed neatly.

I was already planning to take a long long shower.

"Hello, Ava." Grayson grinned at me as I stepped out of the bathroom.

I nodded as he got up to go to his room.
"I'm so happy we have you back." He said as he looked back at me over his shoulder.

I stayed silent. He just sighed and left the room.

I don't want them to get too close to me. I don't want them to be friendly. Besides, I'm gonna run away soon.

"Roman's calling you for breakfast." Jace stood in the doorway his arms crossed at his chest.