Chapter 8

They were all sitting silent, until they heard shrieks coming from upstairs.

They got up at once and ran to their sister's room. Pushing the door open, Lorenzo rushed inside.

Amelia was sitting on the floor, curled up and clutching her head as she shrieked, her eyes clenched shut. Her fingers digging into her hair and the skin of her head as she fought to stay conscious.

She was just looking around the room when her head started hurting out of nowhere. She hadn't seen any blue eyes, but it hurt so much.

The pain was so intense, it made her feel dizzy. Her ears closed. She could just feel pain. She couldn't hear anything. Her legs gave up as the stress on her brain increased and she sunk to the ground and stared screaming, which the brothers heard and here they are.

"Oh my god." Roman said as he rushed to her.

"Mason, call Eliza. Quick." Lorenzo ordered as he went to her other side.

Mason quickly pulled out his phone while Lorenzo picked her up and took her out of the room, Roman following them closely.

Roman opened the door to the room nearest to them, which happened to be Lorenzo's. Lorenzo entered and sat down on the bed. Roman came to sit beside him and grabbed her hands and pulling them away from her head.

"Open your eyes for me, honey. Your safe. We're gonna do something for the pain, okay?" Roman said, hoping she would hear him and stop screaming and calm down. Hoping his soothing voice will soothe the pain she was feeling.

Suddenly the shrieks stopped. Roman glanced at Lorenzo with a worried look on his face.

Lorenzo looked down at her to find her unconscious. Roman panicked.

"Oh no! Lorenzo, do something. What're we gonna do? It's hurting her. I can't take it." Roman said as his voice shook.

"Get out of my way. Where's she?" A female voice shrieked as they recognized it to be Eliza's.

Eliza was the mafia doctor and their friend.

"In Lorenzo's room." Mason's voice was heard before the door slammed open and Eliza rushed inside.

"Oh honey!" she said looking at the little girl in his arms.

"Put her on the bed." She ordered, when the Doctor mode turned on.

Lorenzo got up and laid her on the bed and took a step back as she pulled out her stethoscope and sphygmomanometer. She checked her pulse and blood pressure before turning to them and sighing in relief.

"Everything's fine for now. She's just unconscious due to stress." She sighed in relief, before asking. "What happened, exactly?"

"I don't know. She was in her room and we were in the living room when we heard her scream. We found her on the floor, clutching her head and screaming in pain." Roman told her. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"She said, her head hurts when she looked into our eyes." Lorenzo said. "And she doesn't remember anything about us. She was five when she was taken."

Meanwhile, Mason and Jace were pacing in the hallway outside, waiting for Grayson to come.

"What happened?" Grayson asked as soon as he saw them pacing worriedly, confusion etched on his face.

About 3 minutes later, hearing the rushed story from them, he stormed into the room.

The conversation stopped as he went to sit on the other side of the bed.

"You were closer than we expected." He said stroking her beautiful brown hair.