Chapter 25

Three days later.

Amelia's POV.

"Daniel!!" I exclaimed, fist bumping and then bouncing beside him.

Josh and I texted a lot in the past days. He's cool. We talked for a long time. He was so sweet.

"Why are you so bouncy today?" He asked, looking down at me with a weird look.

Before I could answer, a boy bumped into Daniel. He didn't look back though. His shoulder bumped into Daniel but he kept walking hurriedly. Daniel didn't like it, because he gripped the back of his hoodie and yanked him back.

He turned the short guy around. He was shorter than Daniel, but slightly taller than me.

He flinched and put his hands before his face, closing his eyes and muttering 'I'm sorry.' again and again. That's when I noticed his tear-streaked face.

Daniel was shocked. He quickly loosened his grip as his expressions softened. The guy tried to scurry away again but Daniel pulled him into an empty corridor.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"L-Liam." He stuttered. "Please. I'm sorry." He choked out a sob.

"Hey. We're not gonna hurt you." I said. He just hid his face and kept sobbing.

"What happened?" Daniel asked softly, when Liam calmed down a bit. He wiped his tears away, with the back of his sleeve and sniffed.

"I got bullied." He said, while looking down.

"Who?" Daniel asked. I could see the anger radiating out of him.

"Oh its that freak again." Some guy yelled.

"What? Have a crush on the popular guy?" One of the girls in the group asked.

Oh. He's getting bullied because of his sexuality.

"They're fooking dead." I gritted, while glaring at the kids. I turned to look at Daniel, who was practically shaking with rage.

"Daniel. Calm down. They're just students." I tried to reason. He's too angry, he'll kill them.

"They are juniors, may I add." He gritted.

He took a step forward. I tried to stop him but he looked at me over his shoulder and said,
"Don't."

Fear made me comply. A single word held so much rage. I just stood there, watching the scene unfold.

Liam scooted closer. I stood before him and pushed him down so he didn't see anything. He was terrified.

"Daniel. He's scared." I called out after sometime. Till then, Daniel had successfully threatened them and beat some of the boys who tried to hit him.

Daniel walked back to where we were standing and pulled Liam into a hug.

"They won't hurt you again." He whispered softly. I just admired them. They look so cute together.

I wonder how Josh and I will look together.

"Wipe that dreamy smile off." Daniel smirked as I heard a small chuckle escape Liam.

What should I name this ship?

Daniam? Lianiel? Liniel? Liel?

I snapped out of my thoughts by fingers snapping before my eyes.

"I said, wipe that dreamy smile off your face. You look creepy." He said as I just blinked and gained my composure.

Liam was standing beside Daniel, sniffling a bit.