Chapter 32

"Daniel—" I started but was cut off when he raised his hand to silence me.

He stared at Josh with a wicked look in his eyes. His hands twitched.

Then his gaze shifted to my right cheek, which hurt and felt like it was swollen. Daniel moved his hand forward to caress it, soothingly. I would've melted into his touch, if I didn't know better. This wasn't the time. I needed to calm him down.

Although whatever Josh did was wrong and I kinda went all hulk-lady on him, I was scared for him. Daniel is too dangerous.

"Go find Ashton." He ordered, lightly brushing my cheek, while looking at Josh with even more anger, if that was possible. He looked ready to kill. Running his fingers through my hair for exactly three seconds, he pulled his hand away and put it in his pocket, to get something out.

I gulped and opened my mouth to say something, but fear made me lose my ability to speak.

Daniel looks so scary right now.

I opened my mouth. Daniel shot me a glare and raised an eyebrow, challenging me to go against his order.

I gulped, looked down and started walking towards the exit.

Before leaving, I turned around to look at what was happening, only to find Daniel grab Josh by his collar, making him stand up and dragging him out. His brass knuckle was shining on his right hand.

I just looked away and started walking out the building.

I met Ashton walking to the parking lot. He didn't know about anything that happened.

"Damon called and said he's at your house. I'm going there too." He said, leading me to his car. I climbed in, making sure my hair covered my face.

I was silent throughout the whole ride.

Ashton kept talking, trying to get me to speak, offering me cotton candy or any sweet thing he could think of, because I was too silent.

"Chocolate? Cake? Chocolate cake?" He kept listing. I just shook my head. "Cupcakes? Cookies? Candies? Lots of Candies? Hugs? Cuddles?"

"No." I muttered.

We pulled into the driveway and I practically jumped out and ran inside.

I don't want to be around anyone right now. I'll break down crying and I don't want that.

I entered the house and tried to just run up to my room. I heard heavy footsteps rushing behind me.

I was about to make my way to the stairs when, suddenly, Damon walked out the living room.

"Hey, Baby. How was school?" He asked, cheerfully.

I shifted my gaze from the floor and sneaked a glance at him. He was smiling as I expected.

My eyes filled with tears. I looked down, so he couldn't see it and said, in the most normal voice I could muster.

"It was good."
My response was followed by silence.

"Look at me, Amelia." He ordered, sternly. I complied hesitantly and looked up at him. My vision was blurry due to the unshed tears.

His already concerned expression, turned into a frown, as the tears ran down my cheek. I saw Lorenzo coming out and standing behind him.

A sob escaped my mouth, followed by many more sobs and hiccups.

Damon rushed to me and picked me up. I wrapped my arms and legs around him and kept crying. He rubbed my back and muttered sweet nothings in my ear to calm me down.