[ 01 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙵𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝙰𝙻𝙻

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The night of her celebration of receiving a letter was nothing except happiness and pride. Nicholas, as well as his girlfriend had come along to visit his family for the first time since three months ago. Nicholas and Kendra were both Aurors- well, Aurors in training.

Just last year the couple had met, and Nicholas was uncontrollably head over heels once they started talking more often. But after seven months of knowing her, he found the courage to ask her on a date.

Nicholas and Kendra were alike in so many ways, both physical and mental. Nicholas had dark brown hair matching his dark brown eyes, his hair was never a mess. As he was so alike the late Gaunt, Nicholas was always formally free. Though he were a cheery and exciting person, he was still formal and prepared for what needed to be done. 

Kendra was the exact same, obviously being a happy woman yet was confident with her actions and words, she had incredibly soft grey eyes with a lighter shade of brown hair than Nicholas', her cheeks always rosy and a gentle smile was always plastered across her face.

Together, the pair were both confident with the other by their side, a giddy grin was always across Nicholas' face whilst Kendra was always looking at him, even if he weren't beside her. 

Which leads them to now. Happy and incredibly in love.

"So, August. What house do you think you'll be sorted into?" Nicholas asked his little sister as she prepared herself for the adventures of Diagon Alley.

"I don't know." 

Anything but Slytherin. She said to herself in her head.

"Well, Slytherin will be proud!" He said to her with a grin. He was in Slytherin, just like every other member of the Gaunt Family has, and it was only weeks away that August would be sorted. "Professor Slughorn will love you as well. He did love having me in his classes after-all." 

Professor Slughorn, head of Slytherin, potions master as well. But a very strong and talented wizard. He was a rather well known wizard in the house of Gaunt. Having taught Nicholas in his years at Hogwarts, but also being a good friend of the late passing.

"Diagon Alley, alright, August? Diagon Alley. We don't want you going elsewhere." August's mother said to her very strictly. Pomona Gaunt was a woman who showed no remorse, but always had her respect to those who had earned it. 

"Diagon Alley." She repeated before entering the fire in her expensive coat. "I can do this." She reassured herself before taking some of the powder her mother offered her, a thank you following the action. "Diagon Alley!"