[ 69 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙶𝙸𝙵𝚃 𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙰𝚂𝙸𝙽𝙶

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

At exactly eleven am, Alastor Moody knocked at the front door of the Potter Manor, a very skeptic and stoic expression on his face. Euphemia appeared at the door with a broad smile, "Alastor, please, come in!" She said and the man with a small limp and a grunt as he stepped through.

"Where is she?"

"I believe she is right upstairs packing the last of her things." She said following Alastor moving towards the kitchen of the home. "How are things? With the headmaster?"

"I believe he isn't taking this lightly. He's requested for you and Fleamont present in the next meeting." He said nodding at her. Euphemia often would've offered tea by now, but everybody knew quite well that Alastor Moody never took the drink of another magical being. 

"Very well." She said before silencing herself as she noticed August appear at the door with her bags. "It was lovely to have you here, August, you are, of course, welcome here at any time." Euphemia said walking over to her and hugging her. "Where's the boys?"

"Oh, I just said goodbye to them. They're in the middle of a Exploding Snap game right now." August said nodding slightly, "Will this be us?"

"Yes, thank you, Euphemia. And give Fleamont our thanks as well."

"Of course. I'll see you's to the door." Euphemia said smiling at them, she walked behind Alastor and looked at August, "You're family now, dear." Euphemia said bringing her into a side hug and kissing her forehead. "You certainly are welcomed here. Always."

August smiled up at her before pulling the women into a tight hug, "Thank you." 

"Miss Gaunt." Alastor said looking down at his shoulder, "We should get going."

"Alright, alright." She said nodding and picking up her bags, "Thank you, again." She said before meeting Alastor's side and stepping out of the home. They walked down the drive-way, Alastor taking a glance behind them, and saw the door now closed. 

"Dumbledore is at Minerva's. He's waiting." 

"Am I having to talk about it all again?"

"No. It's about your request to join."

"Oh."

August entered the small cottage first with her bags near her tightly, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall stood at the entrance of the home, clearly knowing she'd be arriving. With a simple flick of her wand, August's bags were sent off into her room. "Hello, Headmaster, Professor." 

"August." They both said in unison. A small nod came from August as she felt already nervous.

"Would you like some tea?" Professor McGonagall asked and August smiled at her and agreed. 

"Take a seat." Headmaster Dumbledore said sitting on the arm-chair whilst she sat on the more longer sofa. "With those in the order coming to a conclusion, we have decided, together-"

"Wait, Albus." Minerva said rushing in the room with the tea following in the air before lowering on the small table before the three, Alastor standing behind them. 

"Thank you, Minnie." August said before taking her tea and sipping at it whilst she waited patiently for Professor Dumbledore to proceed. "Continue, sir."