[ 66 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚆𝙷𝙴𝙽 𝚆𝙴 𝚆𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝙽𝙶

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It took August three hours to wait for the boys to wake up. As she woke up at the crack of dawn, the boys found it fit to wake at nine in the morning. Well, James was up later than the rest that morning. 

August could see by the questioning glances from the four that they were all begging for an answer, and she knew she'd tell them. Being escorted by James to the Drawing Room. Entering the high ceiling room with pale yellow walls, a soft white rug with polished timber falls underneath it. On the carpet there was a glass coffee table with a chess table and a few books which were most likely just empty. Two arm chairs which were slightly darker than the walls were facing one another, and a long grey three seater sofa was in the middle of the room facing the doors.

Few paintings of the family and the ancestors of the Potter's were on the walls, lamps in each corner of the room, small flowers resting in vases on the small tables beside the longer grey sofa. Each of them were confused as they watched her nervously sit down before looking at them, "You might want to breathe before I speak." 

This caused edge to the four boys. They could tell that something was wrong the second they saw her, but they respected her enough to wait for her to be able to tell them about it. "Is everything alright, Augs?" Peter said taking a slow breath as he looked at the girl before looking at the three other boys but was quick to look back at her. 

Leaning back a little before licking her lips, August took a deep breath. "Well, that is certainly a good question." James was quickly alerted at the nervous tone in her voice. Not often did they hear it, and he was not use to it. 

"Umm..." Now the four boys were all in discomfort in how she presented herself. She was awake at six in the morning, laying there thinking of how she'd word it. Of course, in that moment she did come up the right way to word it... but sitting in the current moment, with four concerned teenage boys staring at her, well, it seemed all the words in the dictionary no longer existed. "I'll start at 9 3/4..."

Each boy looked at one another before trying their best to get comfortable, but listened closely. "My mother didn't come. I used the floo network to return home, where I later found that she was not waiting for me there as well. She was in her study and wishing to not be disturbed, so I went to our music room..."

Taking a shaky breath, August looked at her palms which were beginning to sweat, "My mother and I began to quarrel... She performed the Cruciatus Curse on me...  three times." There was a silence and the four boys seemed to think that was all, but as Remus opened his mouth to speak, August held her hand up. "That was the day I returned back to Gaunt Manor. On Christmas morning, however, my mother informed me that my uncle... Voldemort... would be coming. To give the Death Mark to me."

"What's that exactly?" Peter asked and August took a deep breath.

"That's their logo. Or emblem. You get it, you're officially putting the knee down to him. Every Death Eater has it. But that's beside the point. My mother had to go and run some errands... and meet with Mrs. Black." August said cautiously avoiding Sirius' eyes, "I didn't know where Aspen was... Yet one of the house elves saw her near my mother's study... I went to see if she were still near and entered my mother's study and-"

Remus watched as August's eyes lowered before she let out another shaky breath, "My mother performed dark magic using Aspen. From that moment, I began to get ready to leave. Yet, some Death Eater's came as I was preparing to leave... I made an escape, using one of our elves, Headmaster Dumbledore and I already discussed what I would do the day something like that would happen. So, I went to the safe-house..."

"The owners, as well as Alastor Moody, the auror, and Professor Dumbledore were constanty arguing after I told them what happened. They even used Truth Serum on me. But, after them all having a private meeting, I will no longer be living in Gaunt Manor, but with-"

"Us?" Sirius said with hope but August shook her head.

"No, I'm staying with the people who own the safe house. Don't worry, you'll notice some day. But it's led me to here." She said before taking a deep breath. "Questions?"

"Are you okay?" James asked after a small paused.

"That's a good question." August said slowly, "Mrs. Potter- Euphemia, said to me this morning, that she's going to prepare a bath with natural remedies for me. Just to heal and soothe the soul. I've never had one before-"

"You're avoiding the question." James said cutting her off. August took yet another deep breath and stood before walking around the room. Moving towards the large window, August stared out and folded her hands together.

"That's because I don't know how I'm feeling. I'm mourning, I'm scared, very tired, slightly hungry, mentally I feel myself beginning to get exhausted. You see, there's many emotions I feel right now... But I can't name them all." 

Each boy was quiet as they stared at the girl staring out the window. "Would you like a hug?" Sirius asked her and August turned and just gave him a smile that made him quickly hop up and give her a long hug.

The three other boys could see it. Even if Sirius was sleeping with every other girl in Hogwarts, he was really liking August. Or, they just had a very good bond. But how come almost every other adult saw the chemistry building between the pair?

"Is anyone down to go sledding?" 

"Oh, yes, please. I haven't been since I was in my prime."

"August, you're sixteen." Sirius' said to her chuckling.

"And I am aging like fine wine." 

"That you are." Sirius said chuckling before gently nudging her with his shoulders. 

"Mum should have some things for you, Augs." James said to her before he and August seperated from the boys. "Hopefully they'll fit."

"I'm sure your mum or dad know a bit of shrinking magic."

"I think we'll leave that for mum to do." James said chuckling before a short silence followed.

"Heard from Lilly? My mother put a charm around Gaunt Manor so I couldn't receive any letters." August said with curiosity. She missed the girls dearly.

"Ugh, yeah. She actually sent me a Christmas present! It was this book about the history of Quidditch, some muggle sweets and just a knitted sweater." 

"James?"

"She added x's in the card too!" He said with excitement, "Do you think she's starting to like me?"

Oh boy

"Well, she has started liking you, instead of calling you a dim-witted twig." August said with a teasing grin, "I think just keep doing whatever you're doing, and you might be able to take her on that long awaited date."

"You really think so?"

"Hey! Why are you asking me? I've never been on a date!"

"But you're smart and wise." 

"Wow. Thanks."

"Sometimes."