[ 19 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙸𝙽𝙵𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙴𝙳

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Where were you!?" Lily said noticing the girls appearance as she entered the common room. August sheepishly smiled before scratching her neck. 

"I went to the library during the night." She said softly. "Even if it was after curfew, I couldn't sleep and I was tired."

"At least tell us next time." Lily said shaking her head slightly before taking a deep breath, "Go get ready for classes today."

August bit her bottom lip before walking towards her dorm. Smiling at some of the other Gryffindor girls. 

And August was right that morning, she would be having a questionable day. As August exited the castle, making her way to Care Of Mythical Creatures, she saw the sky awfully dull with many sparrows and starlings perched up on the castle's courtyard walls. 

It confused her to say the least. To see so many in one place and not flying away from one place to another due to the groups of students, confused her as they didn't even budge. Except for hop around let out their personal calls.

August took a minute to glance up at the birds before looking at the archway that led her to a pathway just near Hagrid's hut. She took a deep breath before carrying on her walk towards the  Dark Forest's tree line.

Only a few students were at the tree line, a mixture of Gryffindor's and Slytherin's. Everybody knew all too well that the two houses hated each other with a burning passion, and to have the two in the Great Hall was bad enough, but the same class... was regrettable. And stressful for teachers.

Her eyes scanned the small rabbits on the side of the path near Hagrid's Hut. You could see the bright orange fur of foxes skipping from the castles walls towards the forest. A small smile on her lips as she stepped down. Her bag hitting her backside with each step down she took.

Smiling softly at Marlene, Lily and Alice who stood a fair distance away. But still on the side with Gryffindor's. August stood at the back of the group, and she could see how much Lily wanted to go and see Severus. August never understood why she was so protective of the boy when all he was, was rude, ignorant, cocky and only good at potions. 

That's all the boy had. 

And greasy hair. 

But August didn't stop her opinion from turning sour to the boy, all though she disliked him, she didn't exactly know the good of him. So she couldn't say much. Professor Kettleburn however caused the group of teenagers to look up. 

The group walked towards a large tree with many branches swinging high and low where many birds of pink, magenta, blue and yellow rested in trees. Their feathers almost like a cat as they looked fluffy. 

"For todays lesson, you will all be fe- Mr. Parkinson! If you will, please, be quiet. As I was saying, today we will be- Miss McKinnon, do be quiet." The beginning to grey man said from where he stood, "As I was saying!" He yelled raising his voice, the groups all becoming silent, "Today we will be feeding Fwooper's! Can anyone tell me what Fwooper's eat?"

As students raised their hands, his sight was caught on the girl who excelled in his class but was always silent. "Miss Gaunt?" He called out pointing towards the girl. The class was quick to turn to her causing August to slightly bite her lip as she met some of the eyes of her peers. "Could you possibly tell me the answer to this question?"