[ 14 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚃𝙸𝚃𝙻𝙴𝙼𝙴𝙽𝚃

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

To say that August was curious on the first day of their Hogsmeade trips would be an understatement. As the boys caught their own carriage and August was with the girls, she was quick to leave them. 

Wearing a dark green cloak with her white dress with small flowers on it, her hair half-up and half-down with a silver ribbon keeping her hair up. A small purse swinging from side to side with each step she took, it's chain hitting her hips. 

The small purse was filled with money, her inventions, list of things to do and needed, it being charmed like most of her belongings to be capable of holding all the things she needed in all sorts of situations. 

Walking down the main road of Hogsmeade, smiling at some of the Gryffindor students she knew. She made a sharp turn into one of the shops, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. The room smelling of fresh parchment, lavender and ink. It bought comfort to August, only a few students were in the shop, a small group of Ravenclaw's and a lonely Hufflepuff.

She was quick to make it to the more expensive and rare parchment where not many students ever went. Her hands were quick to start reaching into many boxes, reading the labels with care. Each box had the same parchment, except being made with different things. However what August was needing to find was completely hard to find. But she knew that not many people went to Scrivenshaft's for paper and parchment unlike Diagon Alley, where thousands of witches and wizards go for the material. 

The parchment however being made of Papyrus, bleached in lavender flowers of the highest mountains of Scotland, the Camellia oils of the Camellia flowers from Japan, and lastly, Veiny Calfskins Vellum. The parchment being rare and stained by muggle animal blood, mixed with the fur of Demiguise's... which of course can turn invisible and see the future.

However she knew she couldn't simply ask her mother to get it without being questioned, which is why she has to do it herself. 

Letting out a huff once she realized she couldn't reach the boxes that were higher, she found herself getting grabbing the wooden ladder and climbing up the ladder to look into the boxes. There was a few occasions she found herself doing this, most of them being on every single Hogsmeade trip, but she knew that this was the most troubling one yet.

"Miss Gaunt, how may I help you today?" Mr. Scrivenshaft said stepping around the corner with his glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

"Hello, Mr. Scrivenshaft," She said trying to sound her cheeriest, "I was wondering if you happen to have any Veiny Calfskins Vellum, made of Papyrus, bleached in Lavender and using the oils of Camellia flowers?"

"Very specific." He said with a small hum following, "I believe I have some outback. I'll take a look for you." He said before stepping away from the ladder and journeying to the private section of the shop.

August still searched for the pieces of rare parchment, grabbing other rare parchment along the way that she'd think would be of help for any other projects. But after a long hour, August found herself placing the ladder back into place and walking towards the checkout. 

Her finger tapping the bell, Scrivenshaft peaked around the corner and grinned before pulling a small box with him on the cart. "One of your many projects I assume?"

"Of course." She grinned at the man before placing the parchments she had thought would be of use onto the desk. 

"Only one month into the school year and you're needing some of the finest parchment." He said before opening the box. "This is what you needed, I presume. Took a good look to find it. But, I found it. All together, thirty galleons."