[ 27 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙶𝙷𝙾𝚂𝚃𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙿𝙰𝚂𝚃

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August walked through the courtyard with no intentions in where she was going. She just walked and walked. 

But standing in front of the black lake, the girl stared at the horizon for what felt like hours... when really it had only been ten minutes. Her eyes scanning every detail she could pick up from the distance she stood from. 

Glancing back up at the castle where she saw students were freely roaming around, she shifted her attention back to the water. One shoe came off, before the next... Unbuttoning the top of the cloak, the blonde stepped towards the water where trees were hanging from above. 

Looking into the water where she thought was rather shallow, was so deep you couldn't see the bottom. The girl looked down at her feet, then her clothes. Her white blouse with one of Lily's denim pants, the girl shrugged before turning around.

Taking deep breath's as she stepped backwards, not taking her eyes off the castle. Her hair swayed with each step she took. Blouse slightly rising with each deep breath she took.

But as she took one last step, she fell into the freezing cold lake. Shivering immediately and swimming up to the surface, he feet nowhere near the bottom of the lake. Pushing the water away, the girl squealed as she reached the top of the lake's water. 

Roaming the grounds however, the four Marauders heard the light echo. Each of them glancing at one another before following the direction of where it came from. Struggling to find the girl as they sprinted from one place to another.

Checking behind every tree, it was until Remus saw the bright blonde hair amongst the glare of the lake, stopping as the boys kept running around. Almost in circles. But he started to walk down towards the lake-front when he noticed her cloak resting on the branch of a tree, shoes and socks laying carelessly on the dirt.

Peter was first to catch on that their friend was missing, calling out to the two boys that were beginning to become frantic. As they were about to start calling out to their best-mate's name, Sirius saw the mud had been stepped in and Remus' footprints were left within.

The three glanced at one another before stepping slightly downhill more. Following the prints, they found a floating August and a disappointed Remus, who was trying his best to hide his smile.

"August?" James asked as he stared at the girl who was floating on her back.

"What?"

"It's bound to snow any day now, and you're swimming- in the black lake?" James said pointing at the girl who was almost grinning like a mad woman. 

"And the problem is?"

"You're going to get sick." Remus said quickly, "Now, come on. Hop on out."

"No." 

"Yes." The four said but she remained floating. 

"Come on, August." Sirius called however, the girl glanced up at the boys before diving into the water. None of them seeing how low she had gotten.

But as time went by, Peter began getting scared, then Remus, James and Sirius biting their nails. "She has to be kidding or something, right?"

"Bubblehead charm. Has to be." Remus said to their friend with a slightly nervous shrug.