[ 11 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝙰 𝙿𝙴𝙽

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"Yes, you all heard me correct." She said as she flipped a page. Each of the boys shared confused glances as her attention still remained on the book.

"No need to seem so rude or something, but why are you actually here?" Sirius said quickly.

"I am here because it has come to my attention, that you four," She said pointing her hand at each of them whilst staring at them in the eyes, "have been watching me over the last few days. Ever since my detention."

"How did she know!?" Peter whispered to Remus who was next to him.

"Because Pete, like Sirius has said multiple times today... I'm a Gaunt." She said with a smirk before reaching into her bag to pull out a simple muggle pen. "You see this?"

"A pen? Yeah, Lily uses them." Remus said to earn a look from James, "What!? I'm very observant."

"Well, yes, it is a pen. But no ordinary pen." She said to the boys.

"It's a red pen?" Sirius said with a mock in his voice. August rolled her eyes before telling them to follow her. She quickly walked towards the common room door before standing and not leaving the area. "What?"

She quickly tapped the lid of the pen three times before forcing the cam down four times. A tune falling out before a bright purple light appeared. The four were amazed at the sight, August smirked to herself before pressing the pen against the painting. The four were quick to see through the wall and gasp and chuckle at the sight of two sixth years snogging. A Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

"Okay, maybe this wasn't good timing. But you get the point right?" She said before taking the pen from the wall and making sure it returned in her pocket. She was quick to start pushing the boys, each of them on their tippy toes as they sprinted to their seats. 

"Yeah, we get the point." James said with a smirk as he made the pun, Sirius chuckled but his eyes remained focused on August.

"This is something of my own creation." She said holding the pen and showing the boys. "The one of many."

"If there's more pens, then can we have one!?" James said quickly. 

"No. These are forged with strong and powerful magic. You have to bend it with ancient magic as well." She said placing the pen into her bag, "I have many other creations. But that one is one I commonly use. Why do you four think I get away so fast?"

They all glanced at one another, apologizing looks on their faces. "Is that how you got here so fast after dinner?" Peter asked the girl. She simply looked at the three letting out a deep breath.

"Nope." She said leaning into the chair with a smirk and folding her arms. "The castle has many secrets."

"Then ask the people who remain in the castle... Therefore the secrets of the concealed should be opened to those who seek..." Remus muttered causing August to look at him questioningly.

"The reason I got here so fast was because years ago I read the castle walls." She said with a smirk. "It's pretty easy. You just have to be kind."

"Well that's hard for a few of us." James muttered to the girl causing her to let out a huff. That was true.

Although each of them were silent and stared at the Gryffindor girl whom they saw previously outside snogging. The five of them watched the girl, she was squirming under their eyes. But watching as she exited they were quick to chuckle.

"That has come to my attention, Potter." She said smiling before leaning forward, "The purpose of this conversation however does not involve what we are conversing about... my attention has come to you four, following me around." She said to the boys with a slight grunt in her voice causing chills down their spines, something not everybody could do.

"We're just curious." Sirius muttered to the girl.

"Well, back off." She said quickly and defensively. Although you could hear the grunt that was clear in her voice, she kept her voice at a low minimum. "Because I'll always be one step ahead."

In a swift turn August collected her things before exiting the common room and making her way towards the dormitories but she paused at the overhang and looked at the group of boys that were watching her. "And I suggest you don't say anything about my pen. There's more than a pen I could use."

"Even though she's terrifying, I'd definitely shag with her if I was given the chance." Sirius said to the boys as they made their way to breakfast the following morning. "Like how does one be so terrifying... yet so?"

"Mate, you're only in your fifth year and you're already planning on shagging with girls." James said shaking his head. "You're going to be a problem next year."

"Don't get us started on you and Evans, Prongs." Sirius said to the boy quickly. James had been having reoccurring dreams about the girl. And let's all agree that they were something that'd left the boy with a problem when he woke up.

"Oh, come on!" He groaned as they entered the common room. 

However, each of them paused at the sight of the Gryffindor table. Right where they sat were pens. They stared at one another in fear before each of their eyes shifted to the girl sitting alone reading a book. In her school uniform without her Hogwarts cloak, but her blonde hair braided from the top of her head to the back to having red-ribbons at the end causing the braids to turn into pony tails.

She wasn't reading the same book as yesterday however a book she recovered from the Library early that morning. Another muggle book about ballet. Lily was shocked to see her exiting the library so early with the books, and would've questioned her, but August's nose was deep into it.

August quietly placed some butter onto her toast as she read her book before cutting up a banana and placing it onto the toast when she saw the group of boys sitting at their usual seats. Each of them having a red coloured pen in hand.

Glancing up form her book with the toast in her mouth, she looked at the group who was staring at her suspiciously. Instead of smirking or ignoring their looks, August waved her fingertips before winking at Sirius. Who simply gasped silently before smirking at her.

But August turned around, confused at the confident burst she had. She was dreading her day, Potions was first following herbology, then History Of Magic (which she has been enjoying), Care Of Mythical Creatures and Astronomy last tonight. And now knowing a very cheeky Sirius was going to be flirting with her all day, she just had to avoid them at all costs.