[ 34 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚄𝙽𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆𝙽

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

"August, Sirius is here." Nicholas said entering the room where the piano and many paintings were. 

"Wonderful." She said smiling and getting up quickly, "Thank you, Nicholas."

Stepping through the home, she found no one in the stair-well but could hear the chatters in the sitting room. Entering the room, August smiled at the boy who had trunks for his stay and for Hogwarts. 

"August."

"Sirius." She said smiling up at the boy before politely approaching the boy, instead of hugging him due to her mother and brother being around. "I'm glad you could join us for the week."

"Believe me, so am I." He grinned. 

"Well then, lunch?" Nicholas asked. "Demetri, take Mr. Black's things to his room, please." 

The elf rushed forwards and the two teenagers slowly followed the Gaunt adults. The two walked side-by-side, when the pair walked past a small table where August reached forward grabbing a box that was wrapped in Christmas Wrapping. "Siri." She whispered, the boy looked down at her curiously and confused as she slowed down behind the family slightly. 

Slowly, she pulled a box up and the boy looked between her and the box. "Merry Christmas."

"August, you didn't have to-"

"I already did. Besides, what kind of person would I be if I sent everyone else a present except you?" 

Sighing, he gently took the box and opened it, revealing a ring made of silver with a small paw print carved into the silver. Leaning in and making her voice a whisper, she cheekily grinned, "Made sure to have a spell that keeps bugs away from you."

"Well, thank you." He said smiling at her genuinely. 

The pair sat a fair distance from the two other Gaunt's, both grinning like mad people as they talked. 

For the first time in a week (since the ball), Sirius was happy. Even if he were in a powerful, strict home... he was with his friend. A friend who cared.