[ 49 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚂𝙻𝙴𝙴𝙿𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙱𝙴𝙰𝚄𝚃𝚈

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August had been in and out of sleep constantly throughout the week, often she'd wake to a night terror or a hissing voice, or she'd just wake before sleeping again minutes later. However, what startled Madam Pomfrey was every time the girl had awoke, she'd just look around nervously before falling back into her slumber. She'd never question what was going on, what happened, what day or night it was.

For majority of the week, she'd always have someone beside her. The Marauders, Lily, Alice and Marlene making a schedule in sitting beside her. But Lily allowed the younger boy, whom August loved dearly, to sit with her.

He slept hunched over on the armchair while leaning onto August's bed. He was distraught and snappy all week, every one that knew Regulus Black knew the girl's absence and slumber had impacted him most. 

Waking up slowly, fluttering her eyes open she stared blankly at the ceiling above her. It was tall enough to hold another floor, but Poppy would never want it, she liked the idea of her students waking up with light falling onto them. 

Hearing the soft snores, August glanced to her side where she saw the boy with tousled hair sleeping with a frown evident on his face. August smiled sadly, faint guilt within, before brushing his hair out of his face and massaging his head knowing he most likely had a headache.

The boy woke to a startle as he felt the touch, but he smiled brightly and happily as he met the eyes of August Hestia Gaunt. Quickly, he jumped into her arms where she hugged him back tightly. The pair remaining in one another's arms in desperate need of any positive affection. 

"It's been a while." Regulus chuckled into her shoulder.

"I assume so." She said before slowly moving him to look at his face, "You need a haircut."

The boy just shrugged with a smug grin, "Are you okay?"

There was a small silence as the two looked at one another concerned. August had only awaken just a few minutes ago and became slightly more sane than the many times she had awoken. It'd be logical for her  to be slightly confused and clueless as she had just woken up. "I assume so."

The boy nodded slowly before moving apart and sitting on the arm chair. Her eyes fell onto her legs where she could remember the oozing liquid fell onto them, absent mindedly, she began to fumble with the blankets, trying to pry them from her but it was too tight. Only her upper torso and arms were free. "Madam Pomfrey says you should wait..."

"Don't tell me my bloody legs have fallen off." She said quickly which the boy apologized quickly at her nervous snap. "I'm sorry, can you ask Madam Pomfrey to come over."

The boy got up and August finally took the few minutes to look around her. There were many get well cards and boxes of chocolates and flowers all around her. It really surprised her. She only had few friends, did they really give her all of this?

However, as she pulled a small card over that was on the bedside table, she was surprised to see it from Barty Crouch Jr. Actually, majority of them on the bedside table were. It surprised her, most of them being many apologies and just get well cards. 

"Yes, you've got quite the fan group." Madam Pomfrey said with a cheeky grin before closing the hospital make-shift walls. "How are you feeling?"

"Um... Mentally or physically?" She asked the woman with slight confusion in her voice, the woman sent her a sad smile. "Physically: I'm feeling tired, and like I really can't move a bit... Mentally: I feel a bit confused and like I'm missing a few pages."