[ 45 ]

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

𝙰 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁, 𝙰𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁.

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

TRIGGER WARNING

It was the year; 1976. The Marauders and August's sixth year at Hogwarts. The world outside of Hogwarts' barriers had the war raging on. It seemed as though Hogwarts is the only safe haven for the students that remain in Hogwarts and didn't go and follow Lord Voldemort, The Dark Lord.

Muggleborns were on edge as they were separated from the families, not knowing if they'd be next. Half-bloods were nervous if their mother or father, their siblings even, were going to be murdered in their homes. Few pure-bloods were scared for the friends as they also panicked. 

They were all teenagers, going to school amongst a war. Anyone among the hundreds of students could've been right at the hands of Lord Voldemort, and no one would know it. The person next to you could have the painful Death Mark tainted into their skin. That sweet girl that always gave you a lollipop could be getting murdered in a week. A month. A day. An hour.

No one would know. Because that's the way a war rages on. You don't know if you can trust a single person, a person you've grown up with since you could remember could be killed right before your eyes or even be helping the bad guys grow. 

They didn't have mercy. They killed you without any remorse. Your either killed or be killed. And  that's the way Lord Voldemort liked it. 

That's how Tom Riddle liked it. 

August's uncle.

The girl hated him with every single blood-cell she had. If given the chance, she would take it and kill him coldly, but that'd be after making sure he know's what he's caused. He's caused her so much grief in the last few months, her friends (her real family) pain. He was the reason hundreds of students didn't return back that year.

August sat silently at the Gryffindor table. Her friends trying their best to make everyone around them happy... although they knew the thought of the war was still lingering at the back of their mind.

It just so happened to be worse than everyone for August. She ate in silence as the four Marauders ate happily, and the three girls and Frank talked amongst themselves to one another. She was ashamed. Ashamed of the name she carried, the blood she held, the hopeless feeling she had within. 

She left the feast earlier than others that night. Professor's and fellow classmate's watched as the girl exited the Great Hall with her head low as she pushed open the doors and made her way towards the Gryffindor Common Room.