[ 20 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚃𝚁𝙾𝚄𝙱𝙻𝙴𝙳 𝙿𝙰𝚂𝚃

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Following the two professor's into the office she had only been in there once, and that was her first year. After the professor had realized that she had been going into the hallways where the area was under construction. Of course, he didn't mind and actually allowed her to be in those rooms. But she stayed silent about which one.

"Professor McGonagall, Professor Kettleburn. What seems to be the issue?" The professor said rising from his desk where a few books and papers were resting.

August always found herself attracted to the headmaster's office, it had a wide range of all sorts of assortments. Some things she had seen or heard of, whilst other things she had no clue as to what they were or what their purposes were. Most of the many things were all magical, and majority of them were either all gifts, inventions or artifacts of previous headmaster's of Hogwarts.

"Well, it seems as Miss Gaunt," Professor McGonagall said allowing the headmaster to see the girl whom had Bowtruckle's all hanging onto her defensively,  "has a problem."

"Bowtruckle's!" The professor said stepping forward to the girl. "How peculiar-"

"Professor, I apologize for cutting you off, sincerely speaking. But may I ask just why are they so protective of me?" She said quickly. The old man tilted his head slightly before stepping forward, each of the Bowtruckle's seeming to stand up and multiple chattering noises were heard from each.

The man stepped back and the Bowtruckle's seem to stay standing before settling back down, but remained suspicious on the three teachers. "Bowtruckle's are only known to be protective of their territories... And are rather shy towards humans, so why are they so protective of me?"

"Was their a situation before the large family became attached to you that I need to know of?" He asked her and she quickly nodded. 

"I gave a small evaluation to the class on Fwoopers-"

"Perfect one in fact."

"And as everyone went to feed them, I sat down on a nearby rock when just one came along." August said softly trying to get the one to peak out from her pocket, "This one." She said with an awkward grin. "I sat reading my book for a few moments, before a spider came along. And the Bowtruckle was quick to kill it. And that's where I figured it'd be best if I took him back to his habitat... and now we're here."

"How odd." The professor said as his eyes scanned the creatures, "Have you tried giving woodlice?"

"I haven't thought of that..." Professor Kettleburn said before scratching his neck as Professor McGonagall sent a glare at the man.