[ 58 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚁𝙴𝙳 𝚟𝚜 𝚈𝙴𝙻𝙻𝙾𝚆

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August awoke due to the harsh pushes on her arm, instead of rolling over to see the culprit, she just tugged the blankets over her head before folding the pillow onto her head and mumbling at the person to "Go away."

"No, come on, the boys are on." Alice before the familiar chime was heard behind her.

"And Marley." 

"And it's a Saturday!" August yelled but the girls only looked at one another before rolling their eyes and throwing the blankets off of the blonde girl, August only whined before grabbing clothes from around the room- which weren't her's. And quickly put them on before brushing her face, completely forgetting a jumper.

Instead, she sluggishly walked down the steps, with her eyes half closed with each step she took. But once she entered the Common Room, she heard the Gryffindor chuckles and giggle, slowly, she opened her eyes and saw the three Quidditch Gryffindor members and two other Marauders. "I wanna sleep." August whined before sitting next to Peter and leaning onto him, "Let me sleep, Pete."

"They've got a game today, Augs." Peter said gently rubbing her shoulder but she only groaned before practically dragging her body over him so leaning on Remus' shoulder. The five Gryffindor's in the room laughed while Remus looked at the girl with a big grin but watched as she began letting her head fall as slumber took over.

"August, wake up, before Lily has to come back." Remus whispered but she groaned again.

"But they haven't even left yet! Why do I have to be awake!" She whined before rolling her head back into Remus' shoulder, but the gentle tug on her waist caused her to stand up.

"Arms up." The familiar voice of Sirius Black, sluggishly, August raised her arms and felt the soft warm material go over her body. "It's cold out there, you'll be warm." He said smiling at the sight of the girl who was struggling to tug the jumper over her head. "Here- wait, hang on-"

Instead her fist met his face and almost immediately, her face popped out and eyes wide. "Oh my days, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to!" She said gently grabbing his face where his hand was grasping his hand and letting her other hand cup his cheek were the group could see the faint red mark. "I'm sorry."

"August, it's okay." Sirius chuckled letting his spare hand grasp the one resting on her cheek, "It's okay." She spared him a guilty smile before hesitantly taking a step back, "I'm still not happy with the fact that I have to come along." She said folding her arms and letting out a pout.

"Go Marley!!" August screamed as she zipped on her broomstick holding onto the Quaffle, but with a hard shove from a Hufflepuff team member, which August couldn't bother remembering whom it was, she let out a groan before yelling many rude things towards the culprit. "Come on, Siri!" 

August screamed once again as  she leaned on to the railing of the Quidditch Bleachers screaming towards the boy whom was defending the hoops. With a swift move, the boy managed to use his shoulder and the Quaffle was no longer near the hoops. The crowd let out ecstatic screams, especially his little fangirls.

Quickly, August, Alice and Lily all screamed in excitement as Marlene got a tight grip of the Quaffle. Swerving beneath another Hufflepuff chaser, James caught it and August was practically losing the plot as she cheered on for her friend. His new broom causing him to speed up, but he didn't see an incoming Bludger.

As the crowd screamed at him to speed up, slow down or look out, Beater, Arthur Browne dived into the scene with his broom where he used the bat and gave the bludger a real good hit, where it hit a Hufflepuff in the arm causing the Hufflepuff chaser to shake on his broom.

After seven tries from the Hufflepuff team, Phoebe Dawson and Amos Diggory were neck in neck as they reached hands out towards the snitch. All of Gryffindor and half of Ravenclaw were chanting Phoebe whilst the others were chanting for Amos.

But as the Bludger hit Phoebe's broom, she was sent flying but managed to hit Amos off of his broom at the same time before her hands brushed against the thing the pair were after most.

"Phoebe! Phoebe! Phoebe!" All of Gryffindor chanted as they held the second year Seeker above the crowd. She was a laughing stock as she waved at her friends from near the chandelier in the Gryffindor Common Room.

But everyone silenced themselves as James stood on one of  the many tables in the room and called for everyone's attention, "Party, here! Tonight! Everyone is invited!" The entire house cheered but James was quick to cut everyone off with his words that followed, "But no alcohol!"

The entire house groaned before gently letting Phoebe down and congratulating her before they all sat in different places in the room. August however found the couch quickly and laid down before grabbing the daily prophet from the table near the couch. "Hey, I didn't know Black would give anyone his jersey." A seventh year said pointing at the jersey wrapped around her body.

"Oh, it's nothing-"

"If you say so, if it was nothing he wouldn't look at you the way he does."  She said with a soft smile causing August's brows to knit together.

"There's nothing between us-"

"Then you might want to tell him that... Because a boy doesn't give you his jersey for fun." She said before walking away and August found herself watching as the girl walked off. Her brows remained connected as she thought of what would be going on between them.

Yes, Sirius Orion Black was certainly handsome- Devilishly handsome even. But he was mean to Reg, he was cocky and flirty with every girl he laid his eyes on... just not the girls August was friends with. But he was sweet, protective... His laugh somehow echoed through the whole castle. That loud thing is certainly annoying. It's like a cackle. Hideous and loud. Not a good mix for such a pretty boy.

Instead of letting her mind take a toll on her emotions even more, she waved the Prophet in hands straightening it before folding her leg over the other at her ankles and reading the headline on the first page. "Kendra Nott found dead after Auror's discovered she was associated with Death Eater's... Fiancé, Nicholas Gaunt is currently under investigation."