[ 82 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙽𝙴𝚁𝚂 𝙸𝙽 𝙲𝚁𝙸𝙼𝙴

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Defense Against The Dark Arts was always a class students struggled or excelled in, those who excelled were always the mystery student, you wouldn't know if they'd use this power for good or for bad. Those who struggled... well that's predictable. For the misfit five, it was an unbalanced scale. The three pure-bloods, they found their ease with the subject easy to conjure the spells, hexes, jinxes or the occasional curse was very much a please to the ego. However the two, half-bloods, found the ease with the magic was an unsteady course, it was like their magic had it's own mind. It'd be good on the occasional day, then bad the following, too unpredictable to work with.

"I just can't believe you seriously used Protego." Sirius said to his friend as he walked beside her. They had just performed Everte Statum, the spell which throws its victim backwards. 

"If you truly wish, I could have used Diminuendo." Sirius swallowed the saliva in his mouth before looking back at his friends who were talking amongst themselves and approaching the two quickly. "Besides, Protego is a good defense spell. On the odd occasion."

"What's our plan for the rest of the day, my fellow friends?" James asked the two joining Sirius' side. "Jinx a few first years? Fool around with the Slytherins? Raid the kitchens?" It seemed like it had been a long time since the group of five had been children, but August had other plans involving room three two-seven. 

"Actually, sorry boys, I have a solo trip to do." August said adjusting her bag stopping beside the statue of a Pegasus. "You all run along and do your own thing, i'll see you all around."

"What? But August- come on, it's been forever since we've all done something as a whole." Peter said quickly. "And the years almost finished!"

"And I promise we can prank tomorrow." She said before stepping back towards the Pegasus and leaning against it once more. "There's stuff I need to do, gotta go solo for this one." 

Sirius looked at her confused, she was always happy to prank someone or anyone. So why is it now that she was suddenly backing down? Had they done something, of course not, she would've reacted more out of pocket than this. He decided it was none of his business and to push it away. 

"Are you sure, Abe?" James asked her. He had similar feelings, confusion was settling in, but he knew if anything were to go wrong, he could always stalk the map. 

"Of course I am, when do I ever have doubt?" She said before tickling the belly of the Pegasus and tugging on it's tail. "I'll see you all in the Great Hall, have fun boys." Waving to the group as they begun to turn with slight frowns, however James was quick to dive back into another conversation. Sirius stood there longer but only stared at her before glancing back at his friends. "I'm fine, Siri."

"Are you sure?" He asked moving forward quickly, making sure to not waste time to lose his friends. "Because you know, you can talk to us."

"I'm okay, Sirius Orion Black." She said smiling up at the brunette. The tunnel beside the Pegasus opened up and August knew she had to leave. "Now, if you excuse me, I will be leaving now. Bye Siri."