[ 48 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝙿𝙾𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂 𝚆𝙸𝚃𝙷 𝙰 𝚂𝙻𝚄𝙶

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August entered the Potions classroom with her hair in a slight mess as she entered it. After her reckless night of a so-called sleep, she had slept in, and thankfully, no weird dreams tainted her mind. 

"I apologize, Professor. Over-slept." She said softly as she entered the room where the entire class stared at the girl. The girl flushing of embarrassment seeing as she knew, like her classmates, that she looked like shit.

"Don't worry, dear." He said smiling at her, "You'll be working in partners this year, class." 

A few groans were heard but multiple girls giggled as they realized they'd be able to work with Sirius Black possibly. "Alright, Audra Matthews with Severus Snape." The girl immediately groaned before following the grease ball. 

Eventually, as names were called, August's name was finally heard. "August Gaunt and Barty Crouch Jr."

She mentally groaned before swinging her leather bag over her shoulder more and followed the boy towards a potions table where she sat down and leant on her hand. A very moody expression on her face. Although she really didn't have anything against the boy, she found his teeth-licking problem annoying and the constant need to be dominating others.

Although, she'd never admit it, Barty Crouch Jr. was definitely a rather attractive boy. "Alright, turn to page 254." Slughorn said as he turned to pull a few pots and cauldrons out. "As headed, we will be trying to brew Draught Of Living Death." He said and a few students groaned- the girls mostly. "Can anyone give me a small and quick description on this potion?"

Before anyone else could raise their hand, a very smug and overly confident Severus Snape raised his hand, not even caring about Slughorn's acknowledgement to a Ravenclaw when he started speaking. "The Draught Of Living Death, is a potion that causes the drinker to be put into a powerful and strong slumber. If the victim has drunk too much of this, they may be put into a forever sleep, or later die to over-dosage. If done correctly, the potion should turn pale-lilac after resting and brewing for twenty minutes, with five minutes to settle before having a Orange Wormwood leaf dropped  into it. When no reaction is made, the potion is perfect."

Severus sat back down with a smug look while Professor Slughorn clapped at him proudly before granting him with ten points. "You and your partners will be brewing Draught Of Living Death within the hour. You may start."

Slowly, August collected their things, rolling her eyes every time Barty told her to hurry up. The two were quick to prepare their table before beginning to brew.

But after stirring twice clockwise, August noticed how instead of being a light grey, it was becoming a sickly yellow, "Um- Crouch, what did you do?" Bubbles appeared every few seconds, but instead of being the sickly yellow like the rest of the acid, it were a dark murky brown.

"Me? What did I do?" 

"You were adding them in the Cauldron!" She said pointing at the now empty cutting board, which she was cutting all the necessary ingredients on. "Did you do it in the correct order?"

"Powdered root of Asphodel and then Infusion of Wormwood." He said looking at her with a blank look. August now knew what the problem was.

"You idiot!" She said in a whisper shout as she punched his shoulder which he winced at slightly, "That's wrong! You're meant to add the Wormwood first, then the powder!"