[ 21 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺-𝙵𝙸𝚁𝙴𝙳

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

As Saturday came to a start, and other Gryffindor students were excited and running around in their house-colours. Unlike her school mates, August walked without the same spirit as everyone around her. She simply just straightened her back and walked.

When Lily, Marlene and Alice saw the Bowtruckle curled up on her pillow, they were shocked and slightly angry. "But that means you have to go through all of the law stuff, doesn't it?" Was the main thing they talked about. But August kept telling them there's no point.

The girls were excited for today. And we're getting ready for the game, August however just woke up, got changed into her comfortable clothes and a red cloak before walking to the Great Hall. Yellow and Red being the significant colours in the room.

August sat down at the Gryffindor table, brushing some of her hair from her face before placing bacon, scrambled eggs, a piece of toast and fulling her cup of apple juice. Smiling at her food before cutting them with her knife and fork.

Eating at a table politely, respectfully and cleanly, would be something she'd be grateful from her mother. Even if her mother didn't exactly give a damn toot about the girl, she taught August many things. Things that the girl knew she'd use, say, do and more forever.

It didn't matter if other students stared questioningly at the girl all because she sat there using a knife and fork to cut her toast, whilst they just held it in their hand, or if they used their sleeve or hand to wipe the crumbs off her face whilst she used a nearby napkin or the handkerchief she kept in her pocket.

Because unlike those she is living with currently, she had a reputation to hold. Still does. She was a descendant of Salazar Slytherin (The last known to be exact) as well as the Peverells. Meaning she had power. But did she really want to use this power and strength like how her ancestors and family did?

No.

She was the first Gaunt in generations, possibly ever to be placed in Gryffindor. 

This proved society that there was a million little things they didn't know.

August didn't want Slytherin, she wanted something else, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Proving to those who payed attention to the Gaunt family, that it wasn't all they believed.

Finishing her breakfast and drinking her cup of apple juice, she stood up but stood behind the four Marauders. Peter and James facing her, whilst Sirius and Remus' back faced her. "Good lucky today, James." She smiled at the boy.

"Thanks." He said smiling at her. 

She gave the group one last smile before turning around and leaving the Great Hall. Aspen came across the girl and followed her, whilst she was pulling Pascal from her bag. The creature finding comfort on her shoulder. 

August grinned to herself as the creatures were so peaceful, Aspen running towards the bench behind the Grand Piano once the door opened. And August placed Pascal on the coffee table, whom was quick to roam around the boxes. August removed her cloak and placed it on the new coat hanger she installed yesterday before walking towards the old cupboard where a few things were kept.

Pulling out the curtains and eyes for the curtain, she placed it on the couch before turning towards the curtain. She stared at the old thing before her hands brushed down her dress and walked forward.