[ 16 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙸𝙽𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙰𝙿

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

August's classes went by in a blink of an eye. She seemed to be having less time on her own due to socializing with the Marauders. Remus and August had decided to tell the three other boys. They seemed to be on edge with how stoic both August and Remus seemed to their eyes.

But when Remus started grinning the boys began leaning into their seats once more. Then they were told of the Title they were going to uphold. 

James, Sirius and Peter quickly warmed up to the title and were leaving their mark wherever they went. Engraving it into the tables, a shelf in the common room and including their dorm. The boys were filled with pride as they roamed the castle with their new title. August and Remus proud that the boys were already comfortable with the title.

Placing the Amethyst salt in a perfect circle. August stood tall in a white skirt, a jumper over her small torso. White roses on the circle pointing North, East, South and West. The paper in her hands, she stood facing the Northern rose. "I call upon the North, in summoning me the strength to perform this casting spell." She whispered quietly. The pure white salt that was resting on her cheeks and forehead, fell into the parchment. Before seeping into the small pores and glowing ever so slightly.

A breeze went around the room and August knew the first part of the spell was complete. Sitting cross legged, with the paper in front of her, she faced the Southern rose. "From now on, I call upon the South. To forge the bindings of this map, to tell those who use willingly where whom hide. To tell those who seek those hiding within these foundations."

Hearing whispers of a disguised language from all around the room, a hefty breeze pushing upon her skin, August knew she was just half way. The candles that were lit, turned green before fading into a smoke. "Those who know the password, will be capable of using this invention power to their advantage." She whispered once more before climbing onto her knees and sitting on them.

The paper remained in front of her as she pulled the dagger from the western side, "I now sacrifice, the blood willingly given from Salazar Slytherin's descendant." August whispered once again before cutting her left palm open. The blood pouring into the paper like the salt did. "In creation, of the Marauders Map."

The candles in the room flickered on. August glanced at the parchment before her and felt herself breathing in deeply as she realized that the cover of the parchment had now appeared. Dropping the small dagger to her side and picking up the parchment, she placed it on the coffee table that was covered in multiple boxes, papers and quills. 

Getting back on her knees in front of the table, she slid the First Aid box from underneath. Finding some bandages before wrapping them around her hands multiple times. She knew that she'd be back in just a few minutes, so August picked up her wand and wrapped her self in her purple cloak.

Using her wand to lock the door, she climbed through a painting that led her to the Hospital Wing. The room remaining the same as she had it moments ago.

"What happened, dear?" Madam Pomfrey said as she noticed the girl sitting on a bed with her left hand in her right.

"I fell over... I had all of my things in front of me because I was working on my own personal notebook. Hand went straight towards the scissor." She muttered before unbuttoning the button near her neck of her cloak.

"Well, nothing a blood-replenishing potion can't fix." She said before reaching into the bedside table, a potion with red cloth wrapped around it and a goblet in the other. "Might be a wee bit yuck, but I'm sure you'll be fine."

"I'm sure I can manage, Poppy." August grinned before looking at the glass goblet. The red-liquid making August nearly squirm at the sight. But she shrugged quickly before taking a swig of the drink, almost similar to a shot glass.

The now open wound sealing it's self as the potion seeped through her veins to her heart. The skin quickly connected to one another by the time she finished drinking the potion, her hands moving the goblet away from her lips. 

Her left hand raised in front of her face, flipping from one side to the other. "Well, I suggest you just be more careful with what you're doing, Miss Gaunt." Poppy said to the girl with a warm grin as she took the goblet from her hand. "You may go now."

August wasted no time in thanking Madam Pomfrey and leaving the Hospital Wing. But was caught up with the boys who were laughing their heads off as they ran down the stairs. A dark grey liquid following behind, where multiple screeches and groans were heard from up the stair case. 

"Oh, August." Peter said noticing her presence before glancing between her holding her cloak in her arms, and exiting the Hospital Wing. "Why were you in there?"

"I slipped." She shrugged before placing the cloak over her shoulders. "Had a wee bit of blood."

"A scar left behind?" James said curiously. But August lifted her hand up, the palm facing flatly at the roof. 

"Just a small one. Nothing that I can't handle. But I am afraid my poor old Mother will be horrified that her daughter's porcelain is smashed." She said with slightest of sarcasm, trying to hide the fact that her mother would be filled with rage knowing her daughters skin would be scarred. 

"Ah, yes." Sirius said stepping forward. "Pure-blooded porcelains." He said chuckling to himself.

August looked at him before taking a deep breath, "But if you don't mind me asking, what is that?" She asked pointing towards the dark grey ooze that had reached their level.

"That is stained water." Remus said folding his arm. "They thought it'd be clever to pour it all over Avery and Mulciber."

"I see your guys boredom is getting the slight best of you's. At least it is my dear cousin, he does deserve that for what he did during the break." She said before buttoning her cloak together. "But, if you excuse me, I have a job to do."

"Can we know?" James asked stepping forward with her as she stepping down the first step.

"I am afraid not. Having four rather nosey boys is typically hard for what I am doing." She said softly before smiling at them, "But the first part of the map is complete." The four boys grinned in excitement before stepping forward at separate times, questions slipping from their lips. "No. You're not seeing it until the day it is complete and our deal is over."