[ 44 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚂𝙿𝙴𝙲𝙸𝙰𝙻 𝚁𝙴𝚀𝚄𝙴𝚂𝚃𝚂

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Arriving to the Great Hall with a soft smile on her lips, August was ready for her day. Thursdays was definitely the best days she had with her classes. Care Of Mythical Creatures and History Of Magic first, Transfiguration and Defense Against The Dark Arts with Potions following in last. Although she didn't have Astronomy nor Study Of Ancient Runes, August was still happy with her day.

Sitting down at the Gryffindor table, she pulled out her Care Of Mythical Creatures book before serving her some of her breakfast. Her usual Apple Juice to the side, she was quick to begin eating. It seemed that after a night full of peculiar dreams, August was starving.

"Morning, Gus." Looking behind her and smiling up at the boy, she felt happy to see him happy.  The two were becoming more and more alike, gaining a sister and brother bond.

"Morning, Reggie. Good sleep?"

"Best one I've had in a while, must've been because I finished that Muggle book."

"Really? Which one?" August said smiling up at him proudly. Just like August, Regulus wasn't privileged like some of there classmates. They were forced to do what their parents wanted to do.

"Little Women. Might I say, I did not expect Laurie to go from Jo to Amy." He admitted with a grin. "Enough about me- even if I like the attention, how did you sleep?"

"Snug as a bug." She grinned at him, pleading for him to not worry about her. Instead, she covered it up by drinking some of her juice. "I think your friends are waiting for you." She said nodding her head towards the Slytherin table, immediately he smiled softly down at her, "See you later, Reg."

"Bye, Gus." He said hugging her softly around her neck, August leaning into his embrace before turning her attention back to her breakfast. However, her breakfast seemed to be ruined once again, although Regulus never really ruined her breakfast.

"Hi, August." The three said in unison. 

"Hello, boys." August said not meeting their gaze. This was the first time in four days they've even glanced her way, well- Peter and Remus have actually managed to give her some form of attention, Sirius seemed distant and well... James had his head shoved in that map.

"We're sorry." They said in usion. 

"It was wrong of us to walk out like that on you, and now we've realized how much we hurt your feelings." Sirius admitted, a look of sincerity on his face. And something else August couldn't quite place, but he knew... His hands were clammy, stomach was doing spirals and his leg was bouncing. "So on the behalf of us..."

"We're sorry." They all said in usion.

"Where's Remmy? I'd expect him to be here and saying the most of the apologies seeing as he's the one who shows the most positive emotions towards myself." August said, "No offence, Pete."

"Moony is sick." James said, "Knocked out cold."

"Poor thing... Did Poppy say what was wrong?"

"He's just got a fever." Peter said softly and with a guilty expression. "We just came from the Hospital wing actually. Thought we'd drop him off some chocolates and a get well card." 

August nodded softly before drinking the last of her drink and beginning to pack her things away, "What are you doing?" Abruptly, August looked up at James rather blankly.

"Well, I was just going to go and visit him..." August said softly placing her book back into her bag. "Just before classes start." She said shrugging.

"I don't think you should."

"He's very sick." Sirius said with eyes saying I've seen it.

"Look, I understand. I might get sick, but this is Remmy we're talking about. It'd be the same if it were Lily, Marls, Alice and Reggie who got sick. I'd wanna go and visit them." August said shrugging before standing up. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to visit Remmy."

"Oh- ugh- August!" James said quickly standing up, August looked at him as she begun to get annoyed. "We were- ummm... we were just wondering if you could tutor us?"

"What?"

"What, dear James, is trying to say... is we wondering if you could help us out with classes?  Wormtail told us how much he's improved... and we've basically hickey backed off of Moony..." Sirius said trying to remain calm.

"So you're trying to get on my back and make me tutor you all?"

"Yes." The three said in usion.

"And you's sorted this through with Remmy?"

"Actually, no..." Peter said scratching his neck nervously. "We thought of it last night, slept on it, then decided we should go to you this morning."

"You're the best in Charms, DADA, History Of Magic and Care Of Mythical Creatures." 

"And what about my exams?" She said to them quickly, "I will be having to help you all out with your exams and my own. Has it occurred to you that I'll be teaching three of you, whom have separate optional classes. Am I correct?"

"Yes..." They said looking elsewhere.

"And I have my own optional classes." She said to them softly before looking back up at the clock and realizing her first class started in five minutes, "I'll talk to Professor McGonagall and see if I can help." She said before turning without muttering another word in their direction.

"Does this mean she forgives us?"

"Well, let's bloody hope."