[ 10 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓ 

𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁-𝙷𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙶

 ┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SUGGESTED SONG: Dancers by Virginia Man

"Well, where do we start?" Sirius said to the group as they sat at the Gryffindor table for dinner that night. "We clearly can't just follow everywhere she goes."

"We start casually. We get to know her. Not crazily, we just go in easy." James said waving his fork around at the boys. The piece of chicken dropping causing him to pout before stabbing it again.

"We do know her, though." Remus said to the boys sternly as he glanced down the table to see August happily reading a book. Her eyes not moving at all, unless to look at her food. "You's just are too thick to remember."

"I've tried remembering, Moony. I just can't remember much." James said to the boy defensively just to earn a shake of his head.

"Clearly not enough." Remus sighed before placing food into his mouth as he glanced down the table once again.

"She hasn't moved her eyes from that book since she got it!" Marlene whispered to Lily and Alice from where they sat. A few students away. "She's going to go mad for it soon."

"Give the girl a break, Marl." Alice said to the girl with a sigh. "August isn't like us. She didn't grow up with the privilege's of knowing all of the stuff we do. She's forced into an environment she hates..."

"Then why doesn't she just leave?" Lily said softly, side-glancing at the girl they were whispering about.

"Because it's not simple. August is the youngest and only female of the Gaunt family. She's a descendant of Cadmus Perevell and Salazar Slytherin themselves! It's a shocker she didn't end out in Slytherin, but I am not complaining." Alice said to the girls muttering the last part, "But she just can't pick up and leave because she is the youngest and only female... you see the boys of Slytherin?" Alice whispered leaning closer to the girls pointing to the boys.

The two casually looked behind them and saw the table of polite, cocky, Slytherins. Except for  Severus in Lily's opinion. "One day August will be forced to marry one of them... to keep the lines pure. A pure-blood that is. If she doesn't, she'll be disowned and most likely thrown on the streets. She's only there for her safety."

"Why are they looking at the Slytherin table?" James said quickly as he noticed Lily looking behind them, as well as Marlene.

"Who know's. They're girls." Remus said to the boys without taking his eyes off the book in his hand. A fair amount of peas on his fork before swiftly placing them in his mouth, none of them dropping at the action.