[ 31 ]

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝚆𝙸𝙲𝙺𝙴𝙳

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Pinning the younger girls hair up, August stared into the reflection of the mirror. Her eyes tracing over the white gown with a light grey laced floral patterns. A small necklace with a white rose pendant sitting on her collarbone. A small diamond ring hugging tightly to her marriage finger, but on her right hand. Her eyes scanned her face, small amount of blush caressing her cheeks, glossy lipstick on her plump lips, mascara, eyeshadow and much more making her seem more beautiful than ever. Even for a fourteen year old.

Pomona adjusted her hair to sit on the girls shoulder, "You've done a beautiful job helping me organize the ball." The woman said softly, August smiled a small bit due to never really getting compliments from the woman often. Her mother's lip raised a small bit in the corner of her mouth before exiting the room.

"One hour." August muttered before slipping the heels on her feet. For a fourteen year old who never really liked dressing up, her mother forced her begin to wear heels and more formal dresses at the age of ten

Her hand reached the white lace mask. Roses detailed into it as she picked it up, she looked into the mirror one last time before attaching it to her face. No string's attached as she felt the mask almost glue to her porcelain skinned face.

Stepping through the hallways after closing her door, August found herself calling out to the elves who magically appeared. "Pluto, I'd like you to make all of the vases in the hallways leading to the ballroom, restrooms and nearing the house entrance."

The elf quickly took off and she, Neptune and Demetri stepped around yet another corner, "Neptune, collect all of the food and place them on the tables. A heating and freezing charm on the foods that need them." 

The elf took off and August pushed the doors open, "Demetri, you will listen as to what I say." She said to the older elf as they stepped down the grand staircase. "All the candles, light 'em up." She said to the elf who clicked his hand and all of the candles in the room lit up. 

She looked around the room and saw many last minute touches needing to be done. The food magically appeared and Neptune was by her side, "What can Neptune do for his Miss Gaunt?"

"Ah, Neptune, I need you to make the tinsel and Garlands on the banister for the staircase." She said to the elf who ran off and started making the material appear. "Demetri!" August yelled rather softly, the elf appearing right by her side, "I need you to adjust some of those ornaments on the tree. And lastly, I need you to adjust the star on the tree."

The elf moved away from the girl, she turned to the many fireplaces. Her hand clicking and soft, slow music begun to play in the background. The many orchestral instruments played themselves, head swaying as she walked with her back straight.

Her hand touched the wall just above where the floo powder hung in the small cauldron, a small green glow appeared in the stone. She repeated this to each of the fireplaces when she stopped and took a breath.

Standing in the middle of the ball room, she looked around the room to see everything beautifully done. The sky had small specs of snow falling, similar to the Great Hall at Hogwarts, she took a deep breath before spinning on her heel slowly, trying to find some last minute things that were needing to be done. 

Standing up at the staircase, stood tall and proud, Pomona stared at the girl who was trying her best to find something that needed to be done. Tonight was a special night for August. A great step into her life as well. August looked up and saw her mother staring down, a small nod coming from her head and August smiled softly at the woman.